yahoo205

i've noticed it to. i think they just want everyone to pay for prime
Old 02-11-11, 12:45 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
i've noticed it to. i think they just want everyone to pay for prime
This is what I was going to say.
I don't expect my items to actually ship now for 3-4 days. Then it's another 4-5 days to get it, minimum.
Old 02-11-11, 12:53 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
This is what I was going to say.
I don't expect my items to actually ship now for 3-4 days. Then it's another 4-5 days to get it, minimum.
Yep, even when it's in stock they take several days to get it ready for shipment. Mary is much quicker, but sometimes Amazon's prices are much lower than hers, so it's a tradeoff. I will usually order from Mary, but if I'm ordering something else from Amazon, and a DVD on my wishlist has a great price, I might throw a DVD in there too. I was ordering flea control for my dog and Amazon had Trudie Styler Core Strength Pilates for $4.99, so into my cart it went
Old 02-11-11, 01:01 PM  
Messe

It's funny how different our experiences with various vendors are. Packages from Mary always take longer to get here than packages from Amazon (and I don't do Prime), Ulta, Sephora, etc. And then there's Zappos--fastest shipping ever!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Old 02-11-11, 01:09 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
It's funny how different our experiences with various vendors are. Packages from Mary always take longer to get here than packages from Amazon (and I don't do Prime), Ulta, Sephora, etc. And then there's Zappos--fastest shipping ever!

LOVE ZAPPOS! I've ordered shoes from them at night and gotten them the next day! Zero shipping charges and overnight delivery! How can you beat that?

Joan
Old 02-11-11, 01:11 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Amazon is the only company that gets my packages to me in a few days. Collage, Mary, Land's End, L.L. Bean, etc., take a week or more. And lets not get started on BeachBody.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-11-11, 01:18 PM  
Messe

Alta, hang on to your tinfoil hat, but the last time I ordered from Beachbody, I got my package in 3 days without paying for upgraded shipping.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Old 02-11-11, 01:23 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Amazon is the only company that gets my packages to me in a few days. Collage, Mary, Land's End, L.L. Bean, etc., take a week or more. And lets not get started on BeachBody. BB is less than 100 miles from my home and it still takes 10 days to get here!

Are you 100 miles from their Ohio warehouse or 100 miles from their Los Angeles headquarters? They don't stock anything in CA anymore. It all comes out of Ohio. My CA Beachbody customers tend to get their packages the slowest, I've found. BB recently switched to FedEx from UPS so I don't know if that will make a difference going forward in delivery times.

Joan

Last edited by JP44; 02-11-11 at 01:24 PM. Reason: punctuation!
Old 02-11-11, 02:08 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I have Amazon prime, and I get really fast shipping (free, two-day guaranteed, but sometimes I'll order one day and get the package the next day).

This doesn't apply to things that are sold through Amazon by other stores. I had to wait 4 weeks to get a portable vaccuum I ordered!)

Before I had Amazon prime, things would sometimes take a lot longer (especially if one or more items wasn't in stock).

I also think that AP customers get first priority, so if there are a lot of AP orders, it may take them longer to get to the non-AP orders.

It costs something like $70 a year, but for me, it was totally worth it.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Old 02-11-11, 02:10 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
I think the winter storms have a LOT to do with slower shipping overall.
I agree: the last two weeks, things have been slower than usual.

And it's not just one's local weather you have to think about, since the package may origiinate, or have to pass through, areas where the road conditions are slowing things down.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42

Tags
amazon, amazon prime, amazon.com, shipping