Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-11-23, 10:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I think I joined TapATalk, not sure. I remember looking at it and wasn't crazy about the format/layout. But if that's our only recourse I'll join you all there.

Thank you for the Tarot board link, Alta. I've been studying tarot in earnest since the lockdown and am still learning. And struggling. I've gotten good at the meanings and symbols, but translating the messages is often frustrating.
Old 06-11-23, 11:00 AM  
Leonana

Most people here went to Tapatalk. After my recent spurt of getting 500 error, I’ve started to post more often there. To me, Tapatalk and Mary’s forum seem similar. I don’t care which one I post at, I just hope we don’t split up.

If you join VIP Tapatalk, it can be ad free. It’s 99 cents a month. One year is $9.99 and lifetime is $29.99. You also get more options with images and downloads.
Old 06-11-23, 11:16 AM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Most people here went to Tapatalk. After my recent spurt of getting 500 error, I’ve started to post more often there. To me, Tapatalk and Mary’s forum seem similar. I don’t care which one I post at, I just hope we don’t split up.

If you join VIP Tapatalk, it can be ad free. It’s 99 cents a month. One year is $9.99 and lifetime is $29.99. You also get more options with images and downloads.
Weird, I don’t see ads and I don’t pay not to. Don’t look a gift horse, I suppose.

I kind of like the idea of supporting Mary and letting her be the final voice should there be issues. She’s been very good to us.
_____
YADeb
Old 06-11-23, 11:20 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Should it shut down to posts, it would be great if this forum would remain up and available to read.

I’m probably doing something wrong but when I visit VF Roost I see a ton of ads and the settings are buggy and don’t necessarily stay where I set them.

Just want to mention Mary’s (Total Fitness DVDS) forum. It’s always there and she created when there was a past VF scare. It’s ad free, appears well maintained from what I can see and seems less buggy.
Lannette, if you're referring to notifications settings there are several notification settings that aren't forum specific and are overridden by your Tapatalk ID notification settings. I think there's about 4-5 settings that can't be changed specifically to an individual forum.

So you have to also change those settings which will then apply for all forums you belong to in Tapatalk. Otherwise it can feel like they reset but really are just overridden by the Tapatalk ID setting.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 06-11-23, 12:36 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I consider(ed?) Wendy to be a friend of mine - and I totally agree with you. ...
Joni, you have been in the unenviable position of being Wendy's unofficial spokesperson. That has had to be more and more difficult every year.

Thank you for trying to keep us posted when you could!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-11-23, 01:29 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Regarding the possibility of keeping VF up for archive purposes. I was on another forum that shut down (the survivors migrated to tapatalk), and the Admins tried to keep the forum up for posterity since there was so much information on it even though you couldn't post or anything anymore. Eventually though, (after a month or two or three) the forum software didn't allow that, so the site disappeared entirely (except snapshots of it on the wayback machine/internet archive). The admins warned us about everything and explained to us that the inactive forum probably wouldn't be able to stay up for posterity forever.

I can do tapatalk (I've been on three other forums that went the way of the dinosaur and remnants of all moved to tapatalk). And I'm currently a member of tapatalk VF roost though I don't log in much.

I can't do reddit. I mean, I'm capable of navigating reddit when I need to, but I like to read threads chronologically/old school. The reddit format does not work for me. I like to read VF like I'm reading a morning paper with coffee or whatever.
Old 06-11-23, 01:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

(Waves at all the fellow Tarot enthusiasts, been one myself for many years and have an embarrassingly large collection of decks that does not, however, rival my DVD collection! We should start a group, hah hah hah.)

I'm rather confused about how a forum can stay open as just an archive. Doesn't someone still have to pay for the domain? And if no one is willing to do that, it goes away, right?

I ask because I was a member of another forum related to my work and one day, it was just gone, with a big flashing ad announcing that the domain was for sale. Nothing on that site is even available in the Wayback Machine. I don't know what happened but fear the person running it might have passed away. Unfortunately, I have no way of reaching any of those members as it wasn't quite like VF in the relationships developed department.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
Old 06-11-23, 01:56 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post

I can't do reddit. I mean, I'm capable of navigating reddit when I need to, but I like to read threads chronologically/old school. The reddit format does not work for me. I like to read VF like I'm reading a morning paper with coffee or whatever.
I don't use Reddit much but I do use it chronologically. I just use the "new" tab and it comes up for me.

Erica
Old 06-11-23, 01:57 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Actually Mary created the forum for us when Collage sold and the new company took over. We knew we were losing our forum so several people contacted Mary and asked if she could do one. Mary is the best! Unfortunately, lost most of the Collage gang and many people came to VF and didn't want to be on multiple forums so the TF one isn't very active. We only have one check in over there now and there just aren't many new posts even though people keep up their check in posts. Would love to see more activity there!

Here is the link
https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/
Thanks for correcting me Vantreestra. I remembered that it was opened to replace a forum. Just got the wrong forum.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 06-11-23, 02:01 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lannette, if you're referring to notifications settings there are several notification settings that aren't forum specific and are overridden by your Tapatalk ID notification settings. I think there's about 4-5 settings that can't be changed specifically to an individual forum.

So you have to also change those settings which will then apply for all forums you belong to in Tapatalk. Otherwise it can feel like they reset but really are just overridden by the Tapatalk ID setting.
I’m talking about things as simple as seeing new posts first. It sticks for a few days and then changes back. I’m not using the app and really don’t care to so that’s probably the problem. I’m also a on again more often off lurker so it really is of little consequence.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Tags
abandonware, internet archive, tapatalk, vf roost, vf site issues