Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-04-23, 08:41 AM  
star117

I don't understand it either. Aesthetically, her workouts really appealed to me. I don't like the format now - very Caroline of her it sounds like. Anyway - I don't know why I keep reading the threads about her!! LOL
Old 10-04-23, 09:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Mr. Rolleyes doesn't like it when instructors delete workouts!
Hello Mr. Rolleyes! You have a lot to roll about around here lately! Your eyes would spin backward.
Old 10-05-23, 06:45 AM  
wlorrie

I was going to try one of her Go On Your Own workouts, but I see it's just the exercise instructions part from her 30 min full body#18 which I have just completed. Not sure if the others have any new material or are just condensed full body workouts too. I have been really enjoying her 30 minute ones, so I hope she makes more.
Lorrie
Old 10-09-23, 03:35 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I finished Caroline Girvan's Beginner program on the CGX app. I thought it was very well done, and you can lift heavier to make it more intermediate/advanced if you like, but I didn't need to do that! The length was perfect too. I am finding the app to be a bit quirky in that the calendar doesn't populate days well and mine seems to want to crash, so I wish she would move to a streaming service...sigh.

Beth
Old 12-03-23, 07:09 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
All that to say searching for the magic solution or niche may be in vain for Cee.
Apparently she's still searching. I watched her latest video where she complains of little engagement with her work. She has over 250K subscribers and got >1K comments on the video. Maybe that's not what she wants but come on.
Old 12-04-23, 07:41 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Apparently she's still searching. I watched her latest video where she complains of little engagement with her work. She has over 250K subscribers and got >1K comments on the video. Maybe that's not what she wants but come on.
That’s very off-putting.
The more an influencer (instructor, in this case) talks about growing their brand, the more I’m turned off. Like…if your content is good, your viewership will grow.
Old 12-04-23, 09:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Yes that video confused me. She said she's not getting much engagement on her follow along videos so she's not sure she'll continue to make them. I commented that I enjoyed the 20 and 30 minute follow along videos for what it's worth. I like her workouts but she does have an offputting way about her. I felt like she was threatening us. If I don't get more engagement I won't make any more videos. WTH.
Old 12-04-23, 09:40 AM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
If I don't get more engagement I won't make any more videos. WTH.
I mean, that's basically what she does - and she deletes the old ones!
Old 12-04-23, 09:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
I mean, that's basically what she does - and she deletes the old ones!
Yes she has a very confusing way about her. I do like her workouts though.
Old 12-04-23, 10:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I watched the recent vlog, too. I was going along understanding her better, and enjoying learning her history with weight training, but by the end I felt I had just been scolded.

From listening I got the impression she has a strong personality and is a real success driven go-getter. No doubt those traits helped her achieve her physique. Maybe she doesn't realize the "scoldings" are off putting?

Tags
caroline girvan, instructor behaving badly, jasper mcdermott, lift with cee