Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-31-23, 12:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Ouch! Hope it passes quickly
Thanks, Kate! Pain is gone, hopefully the migraine hangover tmrw isn't too bad!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-31-23, 07:27 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks, Kate! Pain is gone, hopefully the migraine hangover tmrw isn't too bad!
Hope you are feeling better Vannie. The "neckgraines" for me often occur as part of my migraine hangover. :/

I did Day 3 yesterday - mobility squats (no weights), t-spine stretch, and goblet squats. One thing that bugged me (this isn't unique to Lauren since I don't like when other instructors do it either) is when the instructor says something like "do what you can" and then shows maximum flexibility, like Lauren does in the mobility squats. When I demo in my yoga teaching, I don't always go to my maximum range (which isn't all that much, LOL!) because I don't want my students feeling like they can't measure up to what I am doing.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 11-02-23, 09:58 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I just did Day 5, the one Lauren said she had to reshoot due to feeling sick, and as soon as I finished, set up to get in a few swings afterward... except then I started to feel dizzy too. It wasn't bad, no nausea, and stopped after a minute or two. I have a lot of sinus congestion right now, so the plank to down dog could have gotten that moving around, but very weird.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Old 11-02-23, 11:05 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Kate, I saw that in the beginning of Day 5 but didn't try it yet; sounds like that might be a move to bring on some vertigo! I basically abandoned Day 4 because I didn't really like the exercises (not a fan of static lunges, don't have a TRX).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-02-23, 11:24 AM  
Vantreesta

I did day 1 yesterday. Beth, I agree with you about the warmup. It's not my favorite. I like the warmup she did for I think the squat challenge.

Thankfully the eyegraine went away and I didn't really have a hangover so fingers crossed it stays that way.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-03-23, 09:31 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I basically abandoned Day 4 because I didn't really like the exercises (not a fan of static lunges, don't have a TRX).
I was flummoxed by the TRX as well so just did bent over rows with a lighter kettlebell. Afterward I realized I could have tied a yoga strap to my lever-style doorknob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thankfully the eyegraine went away and I didn't really have a hangover so fingers crossed it stays that way.
Good news! Hope you stay pain-free.

Old 11-03-23, 08:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I just did Day 5, the one Lauren said she had to reshoot due to feeling sick, and as soon as I finished, set up to get in a few swings afterward... except then I started to feel dizzy too.
I did Day 5 today (I was going to avoid b/c the intro said push-ups, but I don't mind the propped version) and felt okay. I thought it was odd that Lauren insisted during the workout that her reaction had nothing to do with the workout - I had a couple of bouts of vertigo earlier this summer, and I think having your eye gaze move up and down with the deadlifts and then again with the plank/down dog sequence could definitely bring it on! I'm more conscientious now about how I fix/move my eyes during those kind of moves.

Quote:
I was flummoxed by the TRX as well so just did bent over rows with a lighter kettlebell. Afterward I realized I could have tied a yoga strap to my lever-style doorknob.
I have a door strap for my tubing and set that up. But because she didn't tell us in advance what we were going to do, I didn't have it set up right/use heavy enough tubing, and then I got annoyed and didn't want to try it again.

I do like some of the moves Lauren is doing and I understand the goal of keeping it short, but a quick minute for review of props/gadgets and position setup would be really helpful!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-04-23, 06:25 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I did Day 5 today (I was going to avoid b/c the intro said push-ups, but I don't mind the propped version) and felt okay. I thought it was odd that Lauren insisted during the workout that her reaction had nothing to do with the workout - I had a couple of bouts of vertigo earlier this summer, and I think having your eye gaze move up and down with the deadlifts and then again with the plank/down dog sequence could definitely bring it on! I'm more conscientious now about how I fix/move my eyes during those kind of moves.

I do like some of the moves Lauren is doing and I understand the goal of keeping it short, but a quick minute for review of props/gadgets and position setup would be really helpful!
I skipped yesterday because my sinuses were very congested and I was feeling tired and headachy, but was feeling better today so did both Day 6 and 7 and it was fine.

I have Meniere's and used to get terrible vertigo at the beginning but have learned to manage it pretty well over the years. Sinus congestion is one of my triggers, but I've also had some dizziness with certain yoga or Pilates moves that involve a lot of flexion in the upper spine, so this particular move was a double whammy. It's definitely odd that Lauren was so convinced that it couldn't have been the workout!

ITA that a quick list of what equipment we'll be using, whether verbal or listed on the screen at the beginning would be great!

Old 11-04-23, 08:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Today I did Day 6, which I liked in terms of the moves, but wow, a lot of up and down in this one! Also, although Lauren says things like "take your time," she seemed to be moving faster and faster through the rounds.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Tags
kettlebells, lauren brooks