Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-17-12, 08:13 PM  
horsemom2

Yes, I am an enabler.
There are so many lesser known workouts that are absolutely wonderful and everytime I do one, I almost feel selfish not sharing how wonderful they are. If a short clip can help someone find a new treasure, everyone wins.

Barb S
Old 04-18-12, 04:18 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Yes, I am an enabler.
There are so many lesser known workouts that are absolutely wonderful and everytime I do one, I almost feel selfish not sharing how wonderful they are. If a short clip can help someone find a new treasure, everyone wins.

Barb S
Thanks, Barb. I put Strength and Spirit on my Netflix queue. I had gotten it from Netflix a few years ago and remember liking it. Perhaps revisiting it will make me actually buy it.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
Old 04-18-12, 11:31 AM  
Calistro

Quote:
I revisited Strength & Spirit today and really enjoyed it.
Still being sold at Amazon and by Anita but I did put up a short clip of it
http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.c...nd-spirit.html

I really think it is unique doing these kinds of moves to an African drum beat.

Barb S

Barbara, I love these kinds of workouts especially with african drumbeats and weights and cardio in one. Do you know how long the weights and cardio section is?
Old 04-18-12, 11:59 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Barbara, I love these kinds of workouts especially with african drumbeats and weights and cardio in one. Do you know how long the weights and cardio section is?
this is vaguely what I am remembering off the top of my head:
The part I do most often which is AWT/4limb aerobics is the first 20 minutes of the workout chapter and follows a warmup which starts using the lower body more and more near its end. The next ~10 minutes of the workout chapter after the AWT is slower and more weight focused. The whole workout chapter after the warmup is about 30 minutes till abs start.

Barb S
Old 04-18-12, 12:13 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
The part I do most often which is AWT/4limb aerobics is the first 20 minutes of the workout chapter and follows a warmup which starts using the lower body more and more near its end. The next ~10 minutes of the workout chapter after the AWT is slower and more weight focused. The whole workout chapter after the warmup is about 30 minutes till abs start.

Barb S
Great!

Thanks for that I will take a look over at Amazon
Old 04-18-12, 02:09 PM  
sunday

Quote:

Barb S
This one looks awesome too Barb! I'm also going to Amazon to get my copy.
Old 04-18-12, 02:30 PM  
booklover
VF Supporter

I apologize for the shameless self-promotion but since I enjoy Life Force I’ve been following this thread and I actually have Strength & Spirit on my trade list right now if anyone is interested. (Excellent condition, only played once.) If you don't have anything on my wish list, I'd be willing to send it out for just the cost of postage (I'm in Canada so it would be a couple dollars to send it out.)

Just send me a PM.

Here's a link to my list.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=178288

Thanks!
-Corie
Old 04-19-12, 05:24 AM  
horsemom2

Corie,

I'd love to know how many PMs you got!

Barb S
Old 04-19-12, 07:47 AM  
lorajc

Hi Sunday - just wanted to say that I miss u from our checkin days! I have Ani's workouts and I want this new one, but funds are low.

As far as similar workouts, I guess I'd agree with the above posters, of which I have both.

However, I think my main vote has to go for Strength and Spirit. I remember trying that one and loving it.

Are u still bellydancing? I just got a couple new offerings from World Dance, Tribaret (blend of Cabaret style and Tribal) and the new Silk Veil workout which just arrived yesterday.

I'd love to catch up. Maybe we can start a new checkin. What are you focusing on these days.............and perhaps we ccan come up with a checkin. I miss u!!!!
Old 04-19-12, 09:36 AM  
sunday

Hi Lora!
No, I gave up belly dancing when I started training for yoga and never went back. I have been doing lots of Leslie for the last six months; I can't wait for Strength and Sprit to add to my collection! I am also now just starting to do Pilates, barre, fusion again along with cardio. My legs were leanest this Christmas with only floor work and Leslie.

I am in some checkins; the Leslie one and Walk On and On. Miss you too!

Tags
anita barbero, anni mairs, cardio, chris freytag, heavyhands, walking with weights