Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-18-22, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I did workout one today. Lifted lighter than usual and that’s ok. My biceps were talking to me today. Loved it. To me it kind of reminded me of plateau buster in terms of moving quickly to the next exercise. (PB is supersets not trisets.)

The volume she referred to in her answer to you, summer breeze, said the weekly volume is the same as what you would get with a two or three day a week lifting program, but spread across more days.

What I understand from some articles I have read and podcasts I have listened to, on average you need a certain amount of volume (reps, sets) to build and maintain muscle and strength. This is what she is referring to in her reply to you on YouTube.

I am looking forward to trying workout 2!
Thanks, Gibbee. Yes it made sense when I read it but I wasn't able to translate it as well here
Old 10-18-22, 09:12 PM  
Leonana

I did the first workout yesterday and the second one today. I can't lift very heavy, but am hoping to work up to ten pounds. She does seem to move faster than I expected. I like the moves and format, it doesn't have any dread for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I did the second workout yesterday which I also enjoyed. I just love the triset format she uses. No dread for me. But she pretty much worked the same muscle groups as the day before so I asked her if these workouts were meant to be done on consecutive days. She did give me a good answer which I'm not sure I'll be able to explain here as well as she did. Something about since the workouts are only 20 minutes we're not working the muscles to the full volume they need for strength and muscle gains so it's ok to work them again the next day. All that being said, I'm pretty sore today so I will skip a day. Which she also said to do if you're very sore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
The volume she referred to in her answer to you, summer breeze, said the weekly volume is the same as what you would get with a two or three day a week lifting program, but spread across more days.

What I understand from some articles I have read and podcasts I have listened to, on average you need a certain amount of volume (reps, sets) to build and maintain muscle and strength. This is what she is referring to in her reply to you on YouTube.

I am looking forward to trying workout 2!
Thanks for the explanations! I was wondering about doing the same moves the next day. So far, I'm not too sore and don't have muscle strain.
Old 10-20-22, 05:15 AM  
Terry

I assume that workouts 4 and 5 remain locked for everyone and it’s not just something between Cee and me, so if true: Anybody know how to find out what happened? If not true: 🤔
Old 10-20-22, 08:18 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I assume that workouts 4 and 5 remain locked for everyone and it’s not just something between Cee and me, so if true: Anybody know how to find out what happened? If not true: 🤔
From a reply to a comment on the most recent one, it seems she plans to post them on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday again. "Three new ones are coming this weekend! (Sat 11am, Sun 11am, Mon 10am EST). As the workout library grows, I'll start sharing a weekly workout program (5 x 20 min) for you to follow!" She made that comment to someone earlier this morning. So, it sounds like we will need to repeat some for the time being.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Old 10-20-22, 08:56 AM  
Vantreesta

Maybe it's good that I haven't gotten started yet then! I don't want to repeat.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-20-22, 09:34 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Maybe it's good that I haven't gotten started yet then! I don't want to repeat.
That's an advantage of starting later, for sure! I don't mind repeating a workout if I like it, and I like the first two I've done so far.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Old 10-20-22, 11:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
That's an advantage of starting later, for sure! I don't mind repeating a workout if I like it, and I like the first two I've done so far.
I'm glad to hear people are enjoying the workouts. I had never looked at Cee's channel until this post and my consistency has been in the toilet for too long now so I'm hoping this will help. I think I will wait till November to start. I know I still won't be able to do it as prescribed bc of holidays and different things going on but I'll be better able to focus on it then, I think.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-20-22, 11:34 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
From a reply to a comment on the most recent one, it seems she plans to post them on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday again. "Three new ones are coming this weekend! (Sat 11am, Sun 11am, Mon 10am EST). As the workout library grows, I'll start sharing a weekly workout program (5 x 20 min) for you to follow!" She made that comment to someone earlier this morning. So, it sounds like we will need to repeat some for the time being.
Thanks for the update. 🤓
Old 10-20-22, 06:07 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I'm glad to hear people are enjoying the workouts. I had never looked at Cee's channel until this post and my consistency has been in the toilet for too long now so I'm hoping this will help. I think I will wait till November to start. I know I still won't be able to do it as prescribed bc of holidays and different things going on but I'll be better able to focus on it then, I think.
Same here -- I've heard of Lift with Cee, but never tried any of her workouts until I saw this thread.

Earlier in the week on Tuesday, I doubled up on the first two 20 minute strength workouts by Cee, and today (Thursday), my lower body is still very sore. I may try to do the third 20 minute strength workout by Cee tomorrow. So far, I really like Cee's style.
Old 10-20-22, 06:32 PM  
tlchello

Glad to hear I won't be the only one late to the party in starting these.

Still doing therapy for my elbow and hoping to start strengthening it soon and then get back to Lift with Cee. Gosh, I miss it.

Tags
20 minute wokouts, 20 minute workout, 20-minute workouts, fitbymik, lift with cee, over 40, senior strength training, short strength workouts, youtube, youtube instructors