Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-04-22, 12:26 PM  
alisoncooks

The channel looks great — very professional and organized! I did the 20-min stretch this morning and enjoyed it. . Sound quality is good — one of my pet peeves is hollow/echoey instruction. It makes even nice channels feel amateurish. You DON’T have that problem!

One thing I noticed: when I first discover a new-to-me fitness YouTube channel, I immediately check out the playlists. A channel that keeps the content organized and easy to explore will have me coming back again and again! I noticed that a couple of your playlists had videos that didn’t belong (a video game clip, a workout from another instructor) — probably holdovers from before your channel became what it is now. But I just wanted to make you aware, since there may be others like me who use Playlists as a way to explore content.

Well done!
Old 11-04-22, 12:35 PM  
severin817

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
The channel looks great — very professional and organized! I did the 20-min stretch this morning and enjoyed it. . Sound quality is good — one of my pet peeves is hollow/echoey instruction. It makes even nice channels feel amateurish. You DON’T have that problem!

One thing I noticed: when I first discover a new-to-me fitness YouTube channel, I immediately check out the playlists. A channel that keeps the content organized and easy to explore will have me coming back again and again! I noticed that a couple of your playlists had videos that didn’t belong (a video game clip, a workout from another instructor) — probably holdovers from before your channel became what it is now. But I just wanted to make you aware, since there may be others like me who use Playlists as a way to explore content.

Well done!
Thank you for telling me that! I just fixed all the playlists. My son obviously saved some video game videos to the wrong playlist. So glad you noticed that.
Old 11-04-22, 01:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by severin817 View Post
I'm going to compile a list with all the DVDs I have and I think I should be able to post it in here.

Any other workout suggestions you'd like to see?
Sounds great!

I'm so glad you're able to see your dream come to life. That is awesome! I don't have any suggestions right now but I'll let you know if I think of anything!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-04-22, 01:04 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Love it! I was actually thinking about step boxing!

Ok. I like the slow and heavy and light and fast idea. I think it's great to have a focus on strength as well as muscle endurance. Do you prefer all dumbbells? I also have a barbell and bands.

Thank you for your suggestions! I appreciate it!
I don't think many instructors have step-boxing on their channels, so you would have an advantage of views with step-boxing workouts. I don't have a barbell, so dumbbell & resistance bands would be preferred for weight work. And I agree, it's good to have both strength & muscle endurance. Would you consider doing a RIPPED type Jari Love workout with lots of reps & tempo changes?
Old 11-04-22, 01:06 PM  
severin817

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I don't think many instructors have step-boxing on their channels, so you would have an advantage of views with step-boxing workouts. I don't have a barbell, so dumbbell & resistance bands would be preferred for weight work. And I agree, it's good to have both strength & muscle endurance. Would you consider doing a RIPPED type Jari Love workout with lots of reps & tempo changes?
I would definitely do that! I teach a class in-person with the same premise as Jari Love's workouts.
Old 11-04-22, 01:17 PM  
wendug

Quote:
I would definitely do that! I teach a class in-person with the same premise as Jari Love's workouts.
Fantastic! I'm looking forward to it!
Old 11-04-22, 02:01 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Laura, your channel looks great! You have a nice calm and professional voice. (I hate that so many instructors, especially on YouTube, yell, and have shrill voices and hyper personalities.)

I have to take it easy due to eye surgery for a few weeks, but the 60 Minute Total Body Strength with Dumbbells workout looks like one I want to try.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 11-04-22, 02:26 PM  
Vantreesta

And I appreciate that you actually talk! I am not a fan of these YouTube videos where the instructor never says a word, unless it's a dance video with good music.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-04-22, 02:53 PM  
severin817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Laura, your channel looks great! You have a nice calm and professional voice. (I hate that so many instructors, especially on YouTube, yell, and have shrill voices and hyper personalities.)

I have to take it easy due to eye surgery for a few weeks, but the 60 Minute Total Body Strength with Dumbbells workout looks like one I want to try.

Thank you! I agree with you on the yelling and shrill voices. Sometimes I have to mute videos because I like the workouts but not their voices.

Hope you feel better quickly! Let me know if you have any workout suggestions I can create for you!
Old 11-04-22, 02:56 PM  
severin817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
And I appreciate that you actually talk! I am not a fan of these YouTube videos where the instructor never says a word, unless it's a dance video with good music.
Yes! I actually went back and forth on this. So many channels just have music and a timer, which is fine. But I personally love doing workouts where the instructor is cueing and coaching. Especially if the movements require form suggestions.

Tags
laurawellsfitness, severin817