Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-03-13, 06:18 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I'd like to do it, but my Plex It button isn't working on her newest workouts, for some reason. I tried doing one of her workouts via my tablet the other day, but I kept having to move it in order to see the screen (there was both standing and floor work) and it was just too small and not loud enough. I guess I could rearrange my dining room and just use my desktop! I'm mad because I was looking forward to doing this challenge using my nice big TV. Any other ideas? I can copy the workouts to DVD or something? Is that a hassle?

Donna
I'm not sure what kind of cable connection your tablet has, but I got a cable that has a connector for my iphone on one end and AV cables on the other, so I use my iphone to access the videos but play them on my tv in my workout area. Maybe there is something like that for your tablet?
Old 09-03-13, 07:35 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I'm not strictly following her fall challenge (I'm still too much in love with KCM right now ) but I plan on including her workouts for sure! I've done her summer challenge and absolutely loved it! Jessica is just awesome!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 09-03-13, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

I did her Barefoot Fusion Walk this morning - it was perfect as today was my first day back to work after 2 weeks off and my DD's first day of school after the summer off! Nice mellow workout to ease into the day!

Donna
Old 09-03-13, 11:39 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I'd like to do it, but my Plex It button isn't working on her newest workouts, for some reason. I tried doing one of her workouts via my tablet the other day, but I kept having to move it in order to see the screen (there was both standing and floor work) and it was just too small and not loud enough. I guess I could rearrange my dining room and just use my desktop! I'm mad because I was looking forward to doing this challenge using my nice big TV. Any other ideas? I can copy the workouts to DVD or something? Is that a hassle?

Donna
Never mind! I think I figured out my problem. It's my browser. I have IE (probably an older version--I haven't checked) on my home computer and Chrome at work. Plex works fine with my work computer, so I'm assuming the browser was the problem. I might be able plex from my tablet as I have both Chrome and the latest version of IE.

I'll start the Fall Challenge this evening!

Donna
Old 09-03-13, 12:04 PM  
mle777

Stupid question...does anyone know if you can stream YouTube (aka Jessica's workouts) using a Kindle Fire? I won a contest at work and should be receiving $350. I was going to get the kids a trampoline, but I'm thinking about being selfish and getting myself some sort of tablet instead. The only tv that I can stream to right now is the one in the living room, but I prefer to workout in my bedroom (though I guess if I bought a blu-ray player with wireless capability that would solve the bedroom problem). Anyway, I'm looking at the different types of tablets and trying to figure out what I might get.

3x Tough Mudder
Old 09-03-13, 01:03 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Stupid question...does anyone know if you can stream YouTube (aka Jessica's workouts) using a Kindle Fire? I won a contest at work and should be receiving $350. I was going to get the kids a trampoline, but I'm thinking about being selfish and getting myself some sort of tablet instead. The only tv that I can stream to right now is the one in the living room, but I prefer to workout in my bedroom (though I guess if I bought a blu-ray player with wireless capability that would solve the bedroom problem). Anyway, I'm looking at the different types of tablets and trying to figure out what I might get.
I can play youtube videos on my kindle.
Old 09-03-13, 01:17 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Here's what Jessica said on her FB:

Some of you have been asking about downloading our JESSICASMITHTV videos from YouTube to save to your computer.. We appreciate when you watch our videos streaming through YouTube whenever possible since YouTube tracks our views the duration of those views, and in turn, ranks our channel and promotes our channel based on those stats. The more view time we receive, the more we get promoted, the more we can grow our community and resources to provide you with tons more FREE content, challenges, giveaways, etc. We so appreciate all of your support and thank you for subscribing :-)
Old 09-03-13, 01:47 PM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I can play youtube videos on my kindle.
Thank you

3x Tough Mudder
Old 09-03-13, 02:41 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
I have the older Kindle, and have used it a lot to work out to Jessica. It works pretty well, even with the smaller screen. I like it better than our laptop, as the laptop screen is hard to see when you go to the floor, and it takes time to grab it and adjust. With the Kindle, I can grab it more easily, and just take it with me. I have done floor exercises with Jessica right next to me, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Here's what Jessica said on her FB:

Some of you have been asking about downloading our JESSICASMITHTV videos from YouTube to save to your computer.. We appreciate when you watch our videos streaming through YouTube whenever possible since YouTube tracks our views the duration of those views, and in turn, ranks our channel and promotes our channel based on those stats. The more view time we receive, the more we get promoted, the more we can grow our community and resources to provide you with tons more FREE content, challenges, giveaways, etc. We so appreciate all of your support and thank you for subscribing :-)
She also said that Plex was okay, and she gets credit for it.
Old 09-03-13, 02:56 PM  
aquakat

I really like doing Jessica's videos from my iPad. I prop it up on the bed with pillows for the standing moves. When she goes to the floor, I take it down with me. Very flexible to move around.

Ali

Tags
challenge, jessica smith, september