Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-16-24, 07:29 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Cuisinart recently released one with an octopus design that is pretty cool, but I like being able to see the water boil.[/QUOTE]

Rivercat, wow I have never seen a kettle with designs like that.
Old 04-16-24, 07:53 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debinmi View Post
I love my electric kettle .. it's faster than using a kettle on the electric stove. I can set the temperature for different teas (black, herbal, green, white, etc). And it auto- shuts off when the desired temp is reached. Can't hardly imagine not having one, unless I wasn't a tea drinker, then maybe not.
They have different temperatures?! I didn’t know that. Now I want one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i have a French Press, which I actually bought for making fruity water*. I haven't used it for making coffee yet, but if I did, i'd boil the water in the microwave.

this is the one I have:
https://www.amazon.com/Bodum-10948-0...3&sr=1-12&th=1

*You can also use a French Press for making cocktails - saw this on the Bravo channel!
I’ve tried a French press for coffee. It’s okay but I like my coffee maker better. I think there must be some trick I’m missing!

I didn’t realize you could do so much with it. That’s interesting about the cocktails!
Old 04-17-24, 04:59 AM  
Helen

Thank you to everyone for commenting!!

I do NOT believe what I read on the internet without confirmation - that was the purpose of the thread - hehe.

Had to look up what a Keurig was (espresso coffee machine that takes pods) - we call them a pod-machine (we are simple folk).

It's rare to see a dripolator here and probably an even spread amongst
pod, esspresso, french press, stove-top percolator, & instant.
Old 04-17-24, 09:51 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Thank you to everyone for commenting!!

I do NOT believe what I read on the internet without confirmation - that was the purpose of the thread - hehe.

Had to look up what a Keurig was (espresso coffee machine that takes pods) - we call them a pod-machine (we are simple folk).

It's rare to see a dripolator here and probably an even spread amongst
pod, esspresso, french press, stove-top percolator, & instant.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to assume. I appreciate you asking the question! I’m probably over sensitive. I’ve read so many comments on YouTube videos bashing Americans, and usually there are a lot of assumptions about us. I enjoy learning how different countries do things, but now I avoid those videos because of the comments.
Old 04-17-24, 11:03 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Helen, the tea and coffee cultures in different countries are so fascinating to me. Coffee makers, whether drip or Keurig/pods (a relatively new appliance that originated in offices), are ubiquitous in the US, whereas electric kettles are ubiquitous in the UK where people drink more tea and many use press pots/French press/cafetieres or use instant coffee. Drinking instant coffee is considered a desperation move by Americans

I recently read a book by an Australian author and her characters were constantly boiling water on the stove to make instant coffee and I wanted to yell, "go buy a coffee maker or at least a press pot!" LOL

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Old 04-17-24, 11:23 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Sorry, I didn’t mean to assume. I appreciate you asking the question! I’m probably over sensitive. I’ve read so many comments on YouTube videos bashing Americans, and usually there are a lot of assumptions about us. I enjoy learning how different countries do things, but now I avoid those videos because of the comments.
Yea, about the only thing true about Americans from the US is that our healthcare sucks. Oh, and we can walk around out in the open with guns in some states. I've never once had hot dogs and mac and cheese on pizza. I saw that on TikTok somewhere and the NYer in me nearly cried.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 04-17-24, 11:49 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I've never once had hot dogs and mac and cheese on pizza. I saw that on TikTok somewhere and the NYer in me nearly cried.
I’m from the south and that sounds gross to me.

We have a Keurig, one of DH’s all time favorite Christmas gifts that DD and I got him, but now I want an electric kettle. DD recently bought a tea kettle that she heats up on the stove because she doesn’t like using her Keurig to make hot tea.
Old 04-17-24, 01:12 PM  
videofit

I use the microwave to heat water for coffee and tea, one cup at a time. If I had a large kitchen I'd get an electric kettle though.
Old 04-17-24, 01:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I’ve tried a French press for coffee. It’s okay but I like my coffee maker better. I think there must be some trick I’m missing!

I didn’t realize you could do so much with it. That’s interesting about the cocktails!

here's a good article about ways you can use a french press:

https://www.royalcupcoffee.com/blog/...ealthy%20drink.

iced coffee using the french press:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zC6lzmvIKA

i honestly loved watching that show on Bravo - here's a short demo clip from that show (Bar Rescue) using the french press:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snwQbnZqLI0

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 04-17-24, 03:42 PM  
warriorprincess

I've had a Bonavita gooseneck for 6-7 years now. It takes two minutes. Nothing fancy, not like what comes up when I searched for the brand just now. I've been very happy with it. I love my freshly ground French Press coffee in the morning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.

Tags
coffee, french press, off topic, off-topic, tea