Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-18-10, 07:02 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty View Post
I honestly don't think one can expect a Push Pull tower and high step to be shipped for $11.99.

I know the argument here is that they made an error and so they should honor it, but I really would not litigate for this. I would just cancel my order.
I agree. Normally I get up in arms about outrageous shipping costs, but 105 pounds shipped to another country probably isn't going to be cheap. I'd cancel and order elsewhere if possible. As for their response, I give them credit for contacting you and asking how you'd like to proceed, rather than canceling your order outright, which I know other companies have done.
Old 03-18-10, 07:35 PM  
Wendy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I agree, Wendy. It's not the customer's responsibility to make sure the shipping price is correct.

I doubt seriously that SNM will make it right.

If it were me, I'd cancel the entire order.
Also, didn't Mary at TotalFitness have a cost glitch with a Beachbody Product? She was quoted a price for a product, people ordered and paid that price and then Beachbody told her that the price was wrong and was actually higher? I don't think she emailed everyone to tell them that there was a price glitch and they had to pay more in order to receive the product. She took a financial hit (unfortunately), but she was rewarded with raves as a vendor and tons of repeat business and (I'm sure) got new customers after people posted here about how great she was. THAT'S how you run a business! I will always order from her!
Old 03-18-10, 08:01 PM  
wisperofsummer

Wendy I agree Mary is the best. I have said so in here before.

Char I will not give them credit. I may eventually get over this anger, but I will not thank them for adding over 200 dollars to a paid invoice and then being nice enough to offer to cancel.What would you have done if it had happened to you?

I don't think it is my responsibility to contact a vendor if their shipping appears too low. It was not a quote but a paid invoice.

I am frankly tired of getting screwed over. And I am tired of being apologetic for getting ripped off. I am one of those people who apologizes for everything and I am taking a stand here.

They did not even apologize for the mix up in the first couple of emails. Just said if you want your order you have to pay an extra $223.61 please let me know how you want to proceed. My first reaction was: What??? Then I got mad.
Old 03-18-10, 08:43 PM  
CharM

I would have thought, "Uh, now you tell me AFTER you take my money? You idiots." I misunderstood, I thought they hadn't charged your card yet, and that they're asking if you'd like to pay the updated cost or to cancel. So yes, I'd be upset, but I stick with what I said in my first post, I'd cancel and order somewhere else.

In your email, you said you'd get back to them "next week" but the emails were 19 days ago. Have you contacted them since? Did you ask that they honor the price that they quoted since it was their mistake, not yours? Did you contact your credit card company? I don't know if they can, but can they make them comply with the order, especially since they've already charged you?
Old 03-18-10, 09:16 PM  
wisperofsummer

Smile

I tried negotiating with them. Then I followed up with the BBB.

I waited patiently for them to respond to the better business bureau. Which they did on the 16th (they get 30 days) basically restating that it was not their fault but the live servers fault. Then I responded to BBB and get to wait some more.

Yesterday they I get :
<snipped as it is reiteration of it not being their fault>
"...Businesses are not required or expected to be perfect by the law and mistakes happen all of the time. Again, we’re very sorry for the mistake, but I think at this point it is best we cancel your order and refund your money. This will be done later today."

I had asked at the BBB for them to ship the order at the price I had paid.

I asked them one last time to honour your agreement and ship my order.

Their response:" We have already refunded your money and consider this matter now closed."

Great customer service, I've received. I have been polite, did not harass them, waited for them to respond to the BBB.

I have been a good customer for years. Spent money on their products repeatedly.

These products are a little more than I can comfortably afford to spend as it is, but it was supposed to be a way for my teenage daughter and I to work out together.

They tell me "..we cannot take a $225.00 loss on a computer glitch. " well I can afford an extra 225.00 additional shipping probably less than they can afford to take the loss. They have already made more than that in profit from me many times over.

I'm sorry, I will let this go.
I asked for opinions to help me clarify what to do and the opinions are as mixed as my feelings .
Old 03-18-10, 09:48 PM  
kali1

By rights, the should have honored the price on your receipt which was $11.99. If I want a Cathe DVD, I'll buy from Mary because at least she knows the meaning of Customer Service. I hate how SNM treats customers. SNM stinks.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this
Old 03-19-10, 12:42 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

From what was posted in this thread, it appears that the items ordered which weighed over 105 pounds cannot be shipped using the mail, and has to be shipped using another type of shipping method which can handle heavy freight and ship internationally. It sounds like there was a problem with the computer system and that it was not set up to take international orders for heavy items. Someone at the company noticed the error and contacted the buyer about the error in the system. The company had a computer system glitch that was picked up, and unfortunately resulted in the disappointment of the buyer who expected to pay $11.99 when the actual shipping cost exceeds $200. I don't think it is reasonable to expect the company to honor the computer error shipping cost of $11.99.
Old 03-19-10, 06:20 AM  
bearcatfan

I would have cancelled the order and gone elsewhere.

I had something similar (but not to the same degree) with the Pure Barre Pershing Squares. When I tried to order directly, a computer glitch had both PS for the price of one. I later got an email from Carrie herself that she wouldn't honor the price. I asked for clarification about it being their issue and shouldn't they honor that, and she said no. So, I cancelled and later got it through Amazon or somewhere, but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth. So I understand your feelings, but there's probably little you can do.
Old 03-19-10, 08:02 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy G View Post
And as far as people commenting that you should have been suspicious of a low shipping cost, do you honestly think that it's the customer's responsibility to contact the company and say "Don't you think you should be charging me more for shipping as this seems pretty low?" Give me a break!
There's a difference between contacting the company to inform them that it seems they made a mistake, and being understanding when they inform you that a mistake has been made and that they will not be able to honour the price originally quoted because to do so would cost them more than $200!

If I received the e-mail the OP did, I picture saying to myself: "Well, I thought that sounded a little strange... What they're saying makes sense, anyway." I'd be disappointed, but I would understand.

Anyway, I wonder what all you "honour the price" people would do if you noticed a cashier mistakenly handed you two $100 bills in change? Just keep the money? After all "it was their mistake, why should you be punished"? Geez.
Old 03-19-10, 08:11 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe View Post
I don't think it is reasonable to expect the company to honor the computer error shipping cost of $11.99.
I would expect pigs to fly before expecting SNM to swallow a $100+ shipping cost due to their error. They don't even let you keep a DVD they sent by mistake, when many other vendors would.

SNM is pretty hard-nosed, but then again, they have some pretty demanding customers (not the OP, but others who've made demands in the past).

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Tags
cathe.com