Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-26-23, 08:11 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Agree completely.

She is now saying to repeat the workout of the week 3x in that week. Is anyone actually going to do that?
I actually have been! Lol, I don’t mind boring, though. I’m sticking with the same 20-min weight workout for a full week, 3x. (I know her 20 mins are for 5x/wk; I don’t do that.) Then I tack on a 10-15 min lower body floorwork video (because Cee does minimal lower body in those 20-min). And I finish with a 10-15 minute stretch.

*shrug* It is bit is repetitive, but I like knowing what weights to reach for/if I can increase. Plus, the floorwork and stretch vary each time, so there is that for variety!

But honestly, I feel all her workouts are pretty similar to each other. They all blend together, where other instructors vary the format a bit more…
Old 06-26-23, 08:57 AM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I actually have been! Lol, I don’t mind boring, though. I’m sticking with the same 20-min weight workout for a full week, 3x. (I know her 20 mins are for 5x/wk; I don’t do that.) Then I tack on a 10-15 min lower body floorwork video (because Cee does minimal lower body in those 20-min). And I finish with a 10-15 minute stretch.

*shrug* It is bit is repetitive, but I like knowing what weights to reach for/if I can increase. Plus, the floorwork and stretch vary each time, so there is that for variety!

But honestly, I feel all her workouts are pretty similar to each other. They all blend together, where other instructors vary the format a bit more…
I am doing it too. I actually prefer to do the same workout a few times in a row. I don't like changing it up every single time.
Old 06-26-23, 10:39 AM  
Negin

One thing that she mentioned in her recent video is to eat dinner, (meaning to not eat after dinner), and to walk for 30 minutes after dinner. This is something I've known, but have seldom done. Now I'm seriously thinking about it. It's hard with a family and routines, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 06-26-23, 02:55 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
I do not understand her attitude. Is it a Canadian thing?
Yes.
Slightly.
Not always, but in my experience, often enough.
I could elaborate, but I may upset others.

Let's just say: I'm not an American, and I no longer live there. I've lived in four countries, and have visited many others. Americans are among my favorite people in the world.

Of course, there are always exceptions. Nice and not-so nice people everywhere.
Old 06-26-23, 04:08 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Yes.
Slightly.
Not always, but in my experience, often enough.
I could elaborate, but I may upset others.

Let's just say: I'm not an American, and I no longer live there. I've lived in four countries, and have visited many others. Americans are among my favorite people in the world.

Of course, there are always exceptions. Nice and not-so nice people everywhere.
Makes sense! Oh, and I just meant that as like a difference of interpretation (? - not sure how to phrase), not as a slam on an attitude or anything. Cultural - maybe that's the word? Anyways... I think you know what I mean.
Old 06-26-23, 04:38 PM  
tlchello

Canadian here...what attitude? Maybe I don't recognize it since I might have it myself...
Old 06-26-23, 06:18 PM  
star117

Just sounding irritated, short tempered, arrogant, something like that. But not really thinking she sounds that way. Or meaning it to sound that way.
Old 06-27-23, 12:43 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Makes sense! Oh, and I just meant that as like a difference of interpretation (? - not sure how to phrase), not as a slam on an attitude or anything. Cultural - maybe that's the word? Anyways... I think you know what I mean.
Yes, I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
Canadian here...what attitude? Maybe I don't recognize it since I might have it myself...
You most likely don't . I haven't noticed you ever having that. Again, seen it among some, but not all.

Quote:

Just sounding irritated, short tempered, arrogant, something like that. But not really thinking she sounds that way. Or meaning it to sound that way.
Yes, I've known people like that. They come off as slightly abrasive, even though that may not be their intention. They don't have much time for what they perceive to be crap.

I have no problem noticing regional and cultural differences. I know that it's offensive to some, but I look for the good also. I've lived in OR, NY, and Southern Cal. There are differences. Never mind differences in this part of the world where we live now (small island in the Caribbean), Iran (where I was born), and South Wales (where I grew up). Although there are differences, there also many similarities. It's helpful to be aware of both.
Old 06-27-23, 01:04 AM  
Negin

Quote:

And I just remembered that fitbymik is from Canada, and she doesn't seem that way at all. Again, just trying to make it clear, since it's so hard to make oneself clear these days, that not all Canadians, or whatever region one is thinking about, are the same.

I remembered fitbymik, since I subscribe and she just came out with a new workout. I haven't done many of her workouts yet, but most of what I've seen, I've liked. As far as workouts go however, I still prefer Lift with Cee as far as effectiveness, and what's best for me. It's too bad that she keeps deleting and has changed her workouts from what they were before.

Tags
20 minute wokouts, 20 minute workout, 20-minute workouts, fitbymik, lift with cee, over 40, senior strength training, short strength workouts, youtube, youtube instructors