Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-06-24, 08:42 AM  
Erica H.

My back is much better and I'm gradually getting back to my old workouts. Probably won't be posting in the next few days. My son and his gf will be here soon for the eclipse. Hope you have a great weekend!

Erica
Old 04-06-24, 05:45 PM  
wendug

I missed working out yesterday as my dh was napping in my workout space. He's had a busy, rough week so I didn't want to disturb him.

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- Day 42- 1 hour full body workout. This one was harder than the last full hour workout. I did push myself and upped my weights on a few moves. The cool-down stretch was pathetic. I think it was maybe 3 minutes? I did an additional 10 minutes of stretching, using a lot of the moves from Tracie's workout I did earlier this week.

buffmama- I bet you feel great to get in some long pilates workouts!

Erica- So happy to hear you are on the mend. Have fun with your son & his girlfriend in town for the eclipse. I got my eclipse glasses yesterday!
Old 04-07-24, 12:09 PM  
buffmama

Justina 5 min intense abs and stability lower body 2

I've started doing FB mobility stability movements rather than isolating body parts and amazingly this ole body feels better. This is from the same PT who recommends unilateral side planks for scoliosis. The movements seem to my rotation.
Old 04-07-24, 05:05 PM  
wendug

Christa DiPaolo- Popsugar- 40 Minute Sweatbox. Love the combos, the last burn-out round always leaves me breathless. Also, so thankful that the few popsugar workouts I've done recently only have ads at the beginning and end of the workout, not at some random spot in the middle.
Old 04-08-24, 08:11 AM  
buffmama

Justina Stability Upper Body 2 40 min and Fire Abs 5 min

I watched a bunch of scoliosis talks yesterday and apparently half moon and flying plank (elevated side plank) also help so those got added in. I can play with doing one a day - regular side plank will be the 'easy' one. I really like the idea of using the whole body together but so few workouts do that - calisthenics and animal mobility are the main ones I can think of.
Old 04-08-24, 05:14 PM  
Erica H.

Courtney Anderson's 30 MINUTE LOW IMPACT KICKBOXING HIIT | Standing Only Workout | Light Weights. It was okay. I wouldn't do it again since there are other kickboxing workouts I like much better.

Eclipse was amazing. We got incredibly lucky with perfect weather. I wasn't all that excited about it beforehand, but it turned out to be an amazing experience.

Erica
Old 04-08-24, 05:38 PM  
wendug

Chris & Edi- Build 2- Day 43- 45 Min. Chest, Back, & Rear Delts + Abs/Core. Nice workout. My chest was on fire after the 1 & 1/4 flyes, power flyes, and walking push-ups.

buffmama- I had to look up the half-moon pose as I wasn't sure what it was! I have done the move before, I just didn't remember that is what it was called. I've seen a few "animal flow" workouts on YT but haven't tried any. I should give one a try. Have you done any?

Erica- The eclipse was awesome even though we weren't in totality. I was surprised to notice the temperature dropped during the eclipse, so much so that I checked. The temp dropped 5 degrees, but as soon as the sun re-emerged the temp shot right back up.

I've previewed lots of Courtney Anderson's workouts, but none of them have inspired me to click play.
Old 04-09-24, 07:56 AM  
buffmama

Today was Justina Cardio Stability 20 min and Killer Core 5 min (one round of a 10 min workout). I also did TSC Connect TRX Moderate 11 min. I couldn't figure out the chest press and did push ups instead.

I haven't tried any animal flow workouts yet but just bookmarked some. It's recommended to do half moon and side plank at a wall to work on rotation. It's my new challenge.

The eclipse was well eclipsed by clouds here. You could feel the temps drop though. Total nothing burger here although I stayed outside for all of it "just in case".
Old 04-09-24, 07:10 PM  
wendug

Today's workout was yardwork. I mowed, pulled weeds, planted some bulbs, and did a bit of clean up outside. I worked for about an hour and a half and now I'm tired. I haven't done this much yardwork since last fall and my body needs to get used to yardwork again.
Old 04-10-24, 08:07 AM  
buffmama

Justina FB Stability 2 43 min and Beginner Core 7 min which didn't feel easy to me