Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-23-23, 09:12 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I was really enjoying her workouts but I have unsubscribed. I can't deal with her anymore.

This is from a caption on a recent Instagram post of hers: "Many people think they need more leg work because what they’re doing doesn’t feel like “enough”. Well, that’s on you, not the workout."

What a weird thing to say! I think that is her response to criticism that the 20 minute workouts don't have enough lower body exercises.
That is strange. I’d wonder if she’s meaning that people should be going heavier to feel it…but someone else reported she’s not advocating for heavy. I think she has a combination of poor marketing (maybe bad advice she’s taken) and poor communication skills. It’s a shame — I liked her simple approach.

(Though I never stuck with her workouts because the lower body didn’t feel like…enough. Lol.)
Old 02-23-23, 09:12 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
This is just so…baffling. She needs some free content to gain followers. How does one even gain a strong fan base (willing to pay for the service) without the free stuff.
Yes but with 46K followers and 10K viewing her workouts that seems like a lot of wiggle room. A lot will depend on how she prices her stuff. Definitely bad business.
Old 02-23-23, 09:17 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I was really enjoying her workouts but I have unsubscribed. I can't deal with her anymore.

This is from a caption on a recent Instagram post of hers: "Many people think they need more leg work because what they’re doing doesn’t feel like “enough”. Well, that’s on you, not the workout."

What a weird thing to say! I think that is her response to criticism that the 20 minute workouts don't have enough lower body exercises.
Wow, that seems like a pretty judgy statement she made!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-23-23, 09:20 AM  
Negin

I love her workouts, but my goodness, she certainly seems to have some problems. Unfortunately, I think I may unsubscribe. Why can't she be nice? Either have a channel or don't. Why all this uncertainty and instability? It truly reminds me of these unstable junior high and high school relationships.
Old 02-23-23, 09:26 AM  
Negin

And yes, I know that she's free to do what she wants. It just seems so odd to have a channel and to keep removing videos. I can understand removing them now and again due to poor quality or whatever, but this is beyond ridiculous.
Old 02-23-23, 09:43 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
And yes, I know that she's free to do what she wants. It just seems so odd to have a channel and to keep removing videos. I can understand removing them now and again due to poor quality or whatever, but this is beyond ridiculous.
I agree, it is just an odd marketing strategy. I still do some of Jessica Smith's old YouTube videos, some are 11 years old and have terrible production quality but I am grateful she has left them up, I love them!
Old 02-23-23, 09:49 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Yes but with 46K followers and 10K viewing her workouts that seems like a lot of wiggle room. A lot will depend on how she prices her stuff. Definitely bad business.
Wow, I hadn’t realized her channel had grown that much. I wonder how many subscribers one needs to make a decent income from a channel?
Old 02-23-23, 10:12 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Wow, I hadn’t realized her channel had grown that much. I wonder how many subscribers one needs to make a decent income from a channel?
This may be of interest. This site, not always completely accurate, allows you to enter anyone's YouTube user name, and then you see all the info you may be curious about - rankings, monthly and yearly earnings, etc. You can enter any YouTube channel that you wish.
Old 02-23-23, 10:18 AM  
Terry

Quote:
That is strange. I’d wonder if she’s meaning that people should be going heavier to feel it…but someone else reported she’s not advocating for heavy. I think she has a combination of poor marketing (maybe bad advice she’s taken) and poor communication skills. It’s a shame — I liked her simple approach.

(Though I never stuck with her workouts because the lower body didn’t feel like…enough. Lol.)
She does want people to go heavy. She has a new short clip telling folks that if their legs aren’t struggling (not an exact quote) on the last few reps, they aren’t working heavy enough. She says that if you can lift your dumbbells over your head, those dumbbells aren’t heavy enough for legs.

I don’t recall if this is that same clip or a different one, but she says newbies gain strength in the first months/year but then need a high volume plan after that to continue gains.

I read up on gains. Total volume for a body part in a week, needed for gains, is at least ten sets of 8 to 15 reps. The sets can be spread out through the week as long as there is at least one rest day. When Cee has one leg exercise, two sets, five days, she hits the magic 10.

I think Cee is a great trainer and a great human.
Old 02-23-23, 11:07 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
She does want people to go heavy.
Yes, she has often said that if it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I think Cee is a great trainer
I agree that she's a great trainer. That being said, it is a shame that she seems to feel the need to remove videos that share her expertise and wisdom. Her inconsistency and instability is stressful for those who choose to follow her. Of course she's free to do what she wants with her channel, but how can most of us know that she's a great trainer, when she chooses to keep it to a select few? I don't doubt that she's a great human, not that I like to put anyone on a pedestal on the best of days, but she would be far greater in my eyes if she wasn't unstable. Subscribing to her channel is like being on a see saw. Oh great, a new video. Oh darn it, it's gone. Poof.

Tags
20 minute wokouts, 20 minute workout, 20-minute workouts, fitbymik, lift with cee, over 40, senior strength training, short strength workouts, youtube, youtube instructors