Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-09-23, 10:45 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I only bought the 3 total body ones and like them a lot. I like straight no frills weight lifting and these deliver. I usually do split routines so I am learning to work the total body, since I haven't done that in a long time.
Old 09-14-23, 11:19 AM  
AnMrsDe

I thought I would include this 8 week rotation in this thread 2lazy4gym has made. To me, it looks fantastic with 2 days cardio, mobility and that she adds the Body Parts Back so often in the rotation! I am planning on doing this rotation this winter and plan to add in Cathe's newest workouts as well.

https://2lazy4gym.com/2023/09/13/sts-2-0-rotation/
STS 2.0 Rotation

by 2lazy4gym

STS 2.0 is a fitness program created by Cathe Friedrich. It is a follow up to her original STS program. Once I completed the STS 2.0 12 week rotation that Cathe created to accompany the program, I did not want to stop doing the STS 2.0 workouts. I love all of the workouts and they have given me great results. I am stronger since starting the rotation and I continue to make strength gains. I was not crazy about the "Phase" aspect of Cathe's rotations so I created my own rotation, mixing all the phases together and making good use of the premixes. I am enjoying my rotation even more than the one Cathe created. Because of that, I decided to post my rotation. Not only to share with others but because this is a rotation I will definitely return to. I am currently in Week 3 of the rotation and I plan to repeat it as soon as I finish it.

Some notes about this rotation. You will notice is that Body Parts Back makes a lot of appearances. Not only is the back one of my favorite muscle groups to work but Body Parts Back is my favorite workout in the STS 2.0 program. I believe our back muscles are very important to devote additional time working. Your back muscles support your spine, which is important in our daily functional movements (twisting, turning, reaching, bending--all require spinal mobility). Additionally, if you work a sedentary job like I do, it is even more important to strengthen your spine. A strong back protects your spine and prevents strains and other injuries. So the back gets some extra attention in this rotation. However, if you do not agree then substitute another workout on that day. Maybe you prefer to give your chest extra work (or shoulders/biceps/triceps). Make this rotation your own.

This rotation has a basic structure that repeats but the workouts change. It is 8 weeks but it can be repeated as often as you want. You can also shuffled the weeks anyway you prefer. I used only STS 2.0 workouts in this rotation except for one. I used Perfect 30 Flow: Mobility. If you do not own it and do not want to buy it then just substitute one of the STS 2.0 Mobility workouts. In my own personal rotation, I do things a little differently from what you see below. I also use foam roller workouts from YouTube; I do some of Cathe's other core workouts; I do yoga/flexibility workouts from other trainers as well as some Cathe's other flexibility/yoga workouts; and I add additional stretches onto the end of many of the strength workouts. I am following the rotation as it appears, but often I will use a different foam rolling, core/ab or yoga/flexibility workout than what appears in the rotation below. You do what works best for you. Finally, on your cardio days, do whatever kind of cardio appeals to you. Cathe has lots of cardio workouts that fall in the 30 minute range. But if you want something longer then do it.

All of the workouts have been reviewed on this blog. I will link to the review the first time the workout appears. You can also get a list of all of the STS 2.0 workouts on Cathe's page as well as the 12 Week Rotation post. Most of the premixes from the strength workouts that are used in this rotation are also broken down within the reviews. The only one that isn't is the Shoulder Express premix but that's because it is the same as the main workout--you just do one set of every exercise. The premixes from the core or recovery workouts are not broken down on this blog--but their main workouts are.

Week 1:

Day 1: Upper Body 1

Day 2: Lower Body 1

Day 3: 30 minutes of cardio followed by Perfect 30 Flow/Mobility

Day 4: Body Parts Back + Bonus premix

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + No Equipment Abs + Mini Ball Abs premix

Day 6: Giant Sets Total Body

Day 7: Mat Yoga + Foam Rolling Lower + Upper Body premix

Week 2:

Day 1: Body Parts Chest & Triceps Mish Mosh #1 premix + Body Parts Shoulders Express #2 premix

Day 2: Body Parts Legs + Bonus premix

Day 3: 30 minutes of cardio + Mobility 1

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + Standing Abs: Metabolic Core Warm Up + Core Plus Floor premix

Day 6: Supersets Total Body

Day 7: Chair Yoga + Foam Rolling Lower + Upper Body premix

Week 3:

Day 1: Upper Body 2

Day 2: Lower Body 2 Express #4 premix

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + Standing Abs: Metabolic Core Warm Up + Mini Ball Abs premix

Day 6: Tri Sets Total Body

Day 7: Total Body Stretch + Foam Rolling Lower + Upper Body premix

Week 4:

Day 1: Body Parts Triceps & Chest Mish Mosh #2 premix

Day 2: Body Parts Legs + Bonus premix

Day 3: 30 minutes of cardio + Mobility 2

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + Standing Abs: Metabolic Core Warm Up + No Equipment Abs premix

Day 6: Giant Sets Total Body

Week 5:

Day 4: Upper Body 2

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + Standing Abs: Core + Floor + Mini Ball Abs premix

Day 6: Lower Body 2 + Bonus premix (or Express #4 premix)

Week 6:

Day 1: Chest + Triceps Mish Mosh #1 premix

Day 2: 30 minutes of cardio + Mobility 1

Day 3: Legs + Shoulders Mish Mosh #1 premix

Day 4: Back + Biceps Mish Mosh #1 premix

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + Standing Abs: Core + Floor + No Equipment Abs premix

Day 6: Supersets Total Body

Day 7: Total Body Stretch + Foam Rolling Lower + Upper Body premix

Week 7:

Day 1: Triceps + Chest Mish Mosh #2 premix

Day 2: 30 minutes of cardio followed by Perfect 30 Flow/Mobility

Day 3: Shoulders + Legs Mish Mosh #2 premix

Day 4: Back + Biceps Mish Mosh #2 premix

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + Mish Mosh: Standing Abs premix

Day 6: Tri Sets Total Body

Week 8:

Day 3: 30 minutes of cardio + Mobility 1

Day 4: Upper Body 2

Day 5: 30 minutes of cardio + Mish Mosh: Mini Ball Abs + No Equipment Abs premix

Day 6: Lower Body 2 + Bonus premix (or Express #4 premix)

**I would really appreciate it if someone could add this rotation to the tag line so I can find this again!** Thank you!
Old 09-14-23, 12:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

This rotation looks really good to me with the addition of cardio and back focus. I would consider following this in the Fall, but using the shorter premixes in order to fit my daily yoga and hiking in!

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 09-18-23, 06:51 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks for this rotation, I am thinking about starting it now. I like boxing so will be adding in some of that.
Old 09-18-23, 07:14 AM  
Cher

Thanks AnMrsDe. Thinking I may try this rotation soon.
Old 09-18-23, 08:46 AM  
bubbles76

I think 2Lazy4Gym's STS 2.0 rotation puts each day at over an hour, correct?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-18-23, 11:34 AM  
AnMrsDe

You're welcome, ladies!

Bubbles, I would say they mostly are 60 min. or less...of the ones I checked, most are between 45-55 min. unless you opt for a shorter premix of the workout. Body Parts Back/Bonus is 48 min. which you're doing several times throughout the rotation.

Pam, I agree this would be a good fit any time of the year!

Rhonda, I think Cathe's new boxing workout would be a good cardio option!

Cher, so good to see you back on the boards!!! I hope you and your family are doing well. Feel free to pop into the check-in whenever you like - you don't have to post any workouts!
Old 09-18-23, 12:01 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Bubbles, I would say they mostly are 60 min. or less...of the ones I checked, most are between 45-55 min. unless you opt for a shorter premix of the workout. Body Parts Back/Bonus is 48 min. which you're doing several times throughout the rotation.
Okay good. It may be a future option then
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-18-23, 12:35 PM  
rhbrand

I love that rotation! I might actually try it out starting in Oct.
Old 09-18-23, 01:01 PM  
star117

I love 2lazy's site!!

problem is, I'm gonna have to re-acquire this dvd set!!! LOL

Tags
2lazy4gym sts 2 rotation, cathe, cathe sts 2.0, cathe sts 2.0 rotation, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews