Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-27-23, 11:45 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
For blocks under her heels during elevated squats, she’s using some metal wedges (she put a link to them on Amazon) but again you can use small dumbbells or weight plates instead (what I do). https://www.amazon.com/HarderWill-Ad...s%2C189&sr=8-3
Kathy, I'll have you know, that when we arrived in Miami, I was desperately looking for your post and this link, and I was so happy when I found it. I ordered this and am looking forward to our big box arriving here in a month or so. Thank you for recommending this.
Old 09-29-23, 10:00 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Kathy, I'll have you know, that when we arrived in Miami, I was desperately looking for your post and this link, and I was so happy when I found it. I ordered this and am looking forward to our big box arriving here in a month or so. Thank you for recommending this.
Awesome Negin! So happy you received your order in time! You’ll have to let me know how you like the wedges. I have them in my Amazon cart but haven’t ordered yet. I’m still just using some weight plates but those look more comfortable.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-29-23, 02:08 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
You’ll have to let me know how you like the wedges.
Kathy, I will. Our box won't be here for a while, and I can't wait for everything to be here. The wedges were quite heavy, but they do look good.
Old 10-02-23, 05:30 PM  
wendug

I have to ask this as I'm currently doing an Iron rotation. Is the music any better on her app? I'm so tired of the music in Iron and want to mute it, but then I won't hear the beeps of the timer. Or does the app have the option of no music- just beeps?
Old 10-02-23, 07:31 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I have to ask this as I'm currently doing an Iron rotation. Is the music any better on her app? I'm so tired of the music in Iron and want to mute it, but then I won't hear the beeps of the timer. Or does the app have the option of no music- just beeps?
I know there is a way to play your own music in the app and hear the beeps, but I haven’t tried to do it. I don’t subscribe to any music apps.

The same songs are playing in each of the workouts in the app Iron as well. I don’t pay too much attention though but they sound familiar every day, lol.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 10-03-23, 02:12 AM  
Negin

Quote:
I believe that she mentioned you have the option to play your own music. Personally, I really love her music, and haven't gotten tired of it yet. Of course, music, as with everything, is subjective.
Old 10-03-23, 08:35 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I believe that she mentioned you have the option to play your own music. Personally, I really love her music, and haven't gotten tired of it yet. Of course, music, as with everything, is subjective.
I didn't mind the music at first, but hearing it every workout is a bit much. I've also done other YT instructors that use the same music, so it is hearing it so much that is starting to irritate me. I don't have Caroline's app, but knowing that playing your own music is an option would be lovely.
Old 10-04-23, 01:33 AM  
Negin

Quote:
I didn't mind the music at first, but hearing it every workout is a bit much. I've also done other YT instructors that use the same music, so it is hearing it so much that is starting to irritate me.
Yes, I understand completely! I get irritated relatively quickly myself.

I sound like a broken record, but I do wish so much, that Caroline hadn't gone down the app route, and had chosen to offer streaming instead. I'm not an app-type, but I do so love Caroline.
Old 10-29-23, 12:24 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Back to add that I just finished Week 7 of CG Iron 2 on the app. I’m really enjoying the variety she’s added to this version. She’s done Supersets, trisets, cluster sets, different mixes of work/rest times, etc.

She did start using a step up box too but I’m just using my high step. I did order some foam wedges from Amazon but found they bothered my knees. I think it’s the angle that puts more pressure, kind of like going down stairs. So I went back to doing traditional heels on the floor.

I’m wondering what she’s going to do next? I hope it’s not an app version of Fuel (which I didn’t like very much).

ETA: The last couple of weeks she added some different songs. I don’t mind her music choices, but they are repetitive. I started paying more attention to it, normally I’m just listening for the beeps, lol.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 10-30-23, 01:42 AM  
Negin

Thanks for the update, Kathy. Would love to continue hearing your thoughts. I still wish so much that I could use her app.

Tags
caroline girvan, caroline girvan app, caroline girvan iron, iron series