Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-20-06, 07:20 AM  
Lisa TV
VF Supporter

Sue, my teenagers wanted those for Christmas -- from the Gap, so the fingerless glove is way back in. I live in Michigan, so I wear big old wool-on-the-outside, fleece-on-the-inside gloves. Isotoners come sized, but they're just all too small for me.
Old 02-20-06, 08:50 AM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

My experience here on the freakin' frozen tundra (attitude problem about cold??? me???) is that mittens are warmer than gloves. But if you need manual dexterity, you have to go with snugly fitted leather gloves. There are probably, no kidding, 40 pairs of mittens floating around this house, and that's what I use for just running to get the mail or to have a snowball fight with unsuspecting husband-person. But for driving, etc... you need to go with something like an Isotoner.

And to add to the geek-look, I got one of those steering wheel covers. I didn't go for fun-fur or anything truly heinous (although I considered it). It's whatever the seat cushions are made out of -nothing fancy. But heavens, it makes a difference in the mornings!

Andrea
Old 02-20-06, 09:46 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

I have used Isotoners but my favorites are pairs (for warmth and dexterity) from Eddie Bauer and Land's End. I have had these for quite a while so I don't know which ones but they were about $20 a pair. Isotoners never keep my hands warm enough when it gets really cold (zero and lower) but it might not be that cold where you are. Fortunately we haven't had much of that this year and 30s are warm enough for me to go gloveless. Since they have swimming suits out now (at least here), gloves might be hard to find in the stores.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy