Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-21-23, 03:25 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I thought of one other plus to egg weights which I considered when I got a set. Since they are metal and plastic sleeves they won’t absorb sweat and stink after a while. They can be wiped off if sweaty or be cleaned and dried.

Those neoprene walking weights just look like they would smell after a while but maybe I’m wrong on that. I didn’t have any walking weights so these filled a huge hole in my equipment. They are sooo much easier to slip off then weighted gloves when you get tired of holding them.

I also thought since the weight is in the palm and not on the back of the hand they could act as a self defense device like brass knuckles, which I hope I never need, when I’m out walking. Lol. I’m not eager to test that theory. Haha
Old 01-21-23, 03:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I ordered the 1.5lb egg "cardio" weights (purple) from QVC and they arrived yesterday. I used them on my treadmill "recovery" walk today and they got my HR up into my THR zone. They are comfortable to hold in hand, but I found I was maybe gripping them a bit too tightly on the first go around.

My purpose was to use these with my treadmill walks/hikes, as this is my primary cardio. I could use these also for KCM boxing workouts, but holding 1.5lbs in each hand might be a bit much to start with. We'll see....

I also loved the orange, but thought they might show any grime and need to be cleaned more frequently.

Anyway, I loved using these on my TM and think they were a good purchase for this alone. Nevermind any of my Leslie or Jessica walks, too!

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Tags
dumbbell size, egg weights, qvc