Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-09-24, 03:34 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I started with the Firms, and found VF through the Firm message boards, Ya Yas, etc.
ETA it was before my join date. My boys were little. 1997 or 1999.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 01-09-24, 03:37 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I was already a vidiot and relied on the Collage Catalog. After I got my first laptop (and dial up) I started looking for info on exercise videos and found VF. I think it was about 1997.
Old 01-09-24, 03:59 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I was already a vidiot and relied on the Collage Catalog. After I got my first laptop (and dial up) I started looking for info on exercise videos and found VF. I think it was about 1997.
Same here, 1997 (on my work computer!). Then rejoined later after going to gyms for years.
Old 01-09-24, 05:01 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I had purchased the Firm Classics from TV (at least Volume 1 was on BetaMax) and was wondering if there were other workout tapes. I found VF by googling and the rest is history!

I bought a BetaMax VCR because I needed to tape All My Children. VHS was introduced in 1977. I don't know exactly when I found VF.
Old 01-09-24, 05:17 PM  
Gams

Beats me
Old 01-09-24, 05:24 PM  
Leonana

I learned about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on a homeschool forum in 2012. After a few months, I bought her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and did that one the rest of the year. I didn’t know the difference between cardio and weights!

In 2013, I decided to search for more workouts and found Collage, and then their forum. I learned about VF on the Collage Forum. Once Collage was sold and the forum ended, I moved to VF.

I remember the first time I watched a clip of a Jessica Smith dvd on Collage. I thought, I want to work out with her! And I’ve been doing that for over ten years.
Old 01-09-24, 06:01 PM  
Camember

I wanted to restart my fitness journey at home, as I used to do when I was younger. Here in my country there is no tradition of video workouts, so I found a couple of 10 minute solution workouts on YouTube and searched for reviews in foreign webs. I found the VF reviews section and was so in awe that I started reading review after review and thread after thread. Of all sites I visited, this was the best by far. I kept reading without registering till I decided to register a few years ago.
Old 01-09-24, 06:29 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I probably heard about it from the old Firm Forum back in the late 90s.
Same! I was working out with the FIRM tapes. I don't know if it was on the tape, or in the Collage catalog, but I remember seeing a mention of a "forum". At that time, I had no idea what a forum was, and it took me a bit of time to figure it out. I loved it, and was active there.

When the FIRM forum got shut down, I was heartbroken. I didn't come to VF for quite some time, because I was only doing FIRM workouts and wasn't interested in reading posts about all those other workouts. My, how my life has changed!

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 01-09-24, 06:45 PM  
carly

Mid 1990's. I was taking Jackie Sorensen aerobics classes. I was aerobics all the way! Jackie recommended adding weights to the program and actually sold the Firm Vol. 4 at cost for those interested. My first Firm VHS led to purchasing more Firms and shopping the video stores for other brands. Then one day I saw a Collage Catalog ad in the back of a fitness magazine and ordered. While reading Collage Catalogs front-to-back I stumbled on a user review that mentioned the Videofitness website and community. In the beginning I didn't have a computer at home so I would spend my lunch hour at work cruising the website. While I haven't posted a lot over the years I have been here almost everyday.
Old 01-09-24, 06:47 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I’m pretty sure it was 1998. I had bought 2 of Cathe’s step VHS tapes from Collage in 1997. I remember because I can’t do Step Jam or Step Max without thinking about Princess Diana because I received them in August right before her car accident. After my son was born in the summer of ‘98, I guess I was looking for reviews on new Firms - I already had the Classics - and that was fall/winter of 1998. I remember feeling like I’d hit the jackpot when I found VF! It’s crazy to think that that was 25 years ago.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.

Tags
collage forum, fitness for dummies, how did you find vf, vf love, yayas