Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-30-24, 06:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Not walking, but an idea for you: Chris Dorner has some really fun step videos that I sometimes do without a step and it just feels like a really fun walking workout (to me). Great music, fun moves, and mostly low impact or easily modified to be.

Good luck with your recovery!
Old 04-30-24, 07:35 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have been having tons of fun since I discovered Kat Gates Buettner's walking workouts on YouTube. Fantastic music and cuing. Not to mention the outdoor scenery and all cuing done via text on the screen. No babbling, laughing, etc. The workouts are more like low impact cardio. I love it!
Old 04-30-24, 09:34 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Not walking, but an idea for you: Chris Dorner has some really fun step videos that I sometimes do without a step and it just feels like a really fun walking workout (to me). Great music, fun moves, and mostly low impact or easily modified to be.

Good luck with your recovery!
I have often done the same to get my steps in for the day.
Old 05-01-24, 12:31 PM  
Negin

These are so great! Thank you all!
Old 05-01-24, 12:45 PM  
MoFirmer

Here's another good one... https://www.youtube.com/@ImprovedHealth
Old 05-01-24, 01:55 PM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Moves with Molly is one that I found recently, but I haven't tried any yet. She has a mix of walking, dance, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/@moveswithmolly/videos

Donna
I was going to mention Moves with Molly too. She uses good music. I've done a couple of her dancy videos and enjoyed them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 05-01-24, 04:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Jenny Ford Walk Across America

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 05-02-24, 04:18 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnauzeritis View Post
Ingrid Kick
So far, my favorite. Thank you for this. I did one of her workouts today and loved it.
Old 05-02-24, 04:44 PM  
RENEETX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
So far, my favorite. Thank you for this. I did one of her workouts today and loved it.
Just FYI, she has totally ripped off BurpeeGirl. She copies everything down to the graphics, the moves, the music, etc. Unfortunately, there's nothing BurpeeGirl can do about it. There's no YouTube police I guess. From what I understand, she also has copied another Youtuber's workouts as well.
She deletes anyone's comments when they point out the audacity of what she does.
Old 05-03-24, 02:33 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEETX View Post
Just FYI, she has totally ripped off BurpeeGirl. She copies everything down to the graphics, the moves, the music, etc. Unfortunately, there's nothing BurpeeGirl can do about it. There's no YouTube police I guess. From what I understand, she also has copied another Youtuber's workouts as well.
She deletes anyone's comments when they point out the audacity of what she does.
Wow . My goodness. That's not nice at all, and I hate that sort of thing.

I didn't care for BurpeeGirl because she would drop new videos daily. I get overwhelmed easily and the types who drop videos every day (other than Sydney Cummings for some reason) stress me out. I know that I can just ignore them or whatever, and only do the workouts that appeal to me, but BurpeeGirl was stressing me out. That, plus, at the time, it was always the same background, the same exact black workout outfit. I was getting bored. I believe that she changes her outfits more now. I remember someone here, I think that it may have been donnamp, commented that BurpeeGirl may look as if she mixes clips from other videos, hence why she has so many of them. She explained it better than I can. That was a while back. It made sense to me at the time, and that was another reason that I got turned off. Here's that thread.

All I care about it in the end is that the workout appeals to me, although I am particular, when I think about it .

I tried an Up to the BEat Fit one. Way too fast for me. Also too dance-y. I'm not into dance-type workouts. That's too bad, because she definitely seemed like fun.

Kat Gates-Buettner - I've tried one so far. I wish that she had beeps for new moves. The music was fabulous. The one that I tried was an 80s music one. Anyway, the lack of beeps is one of my gripes with Improved Health also. I asked her about that once, and she said that the beeps are annoying. I was "this" close to subscribing to Kat, but for me anyway, I need beeps or something, and more variety in my moves.

I haven't tried, but glimpsed at Moves with Molly. Probably too dance-y for me.

I recently started doing some of Rovena's workouts. I don't love them, but I like her after-dinner/post-meal ones. Improved Health has a few of those also, and I prefer hers. I've recently started doing short, easy walks for after dinner. When I can, of course. If anyone knows of any that offer gentle, post-meal walks, please share!

I look forward to trying out all the other ones suggested here.

Tags
jessica smith, leslie, olivia lawson, rovena, walking, walking workouts, walking youtube, youtube walking