Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-03-24, 02:14 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I too tried her platform and just didn't click with any of the other instructors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
I think Leslie seems like a regular person, too. Like a friend or neighbor or cousin who bugged you to walk. While many instructors I use were college athletes or runners or models or dancers or something. Leslie just walked. I do wish she would keep going.
Agreeing on both. I also wish that she would keep going. I'm sure that she's younger than Denise Austin and some others.
Old 05-03-24, 05:11 AM  
ellaenchanted

Yes, she retired. She did talk about it and I remember there was some interview or something- it was few years ago now. I can see how it wasn't a big news story, though. These instructors are well known to many home exercisers but not to the general public so news about them isn't likely to be widespread. Unless you are Richard Simmons or Denise Austin.
Old 05-03-24, 07:59 AM  
donellda

My husband read an article somewhere that said that Leslie retired and that her daughter is running her company. I still do her workouts on days that I don't teach. I started doing her workouts in 2007 after my hysterectomy. My doctor told me the only exercise I could was walking. I walked outside but it was July and extremely hot, so I decided to try some of her indoor walking DVDs. They became a part of my regular routine.
Old 05-03-24, 03:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I remember there being talk sometime after her Walk 15 set was released on QVC/HSN in 2019. The set included her Walk Leaders (Kamilah, Nadyia, Nick and Rocky) who led most of the workouts. Of the 5 DVD set, I think Leslie only led the 1st mile and she may have team taught with Nick in another. It's been too long since I've done this set, but most of the newer leaders were too lively for me, LOL. Many Leslie fans were wondering what had happened to Leslie and if she would release anymore workouts, after this release. I do miss Leslie, but have many of her walks that I can do anytime.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 05-03-24, 04:41 PM  
Gams

In the Walk 15 set, Leslie leads 4 of the miles and she and Nick lead together in 3 of the miles. I like the new leaders in this set - especially Nick and Rocky.
Old 05-04-24, 01:29 AM  
Abby

Well, I figured she was done, but I didn't know she actually said it publicly. I have to say that of all the video instructors I have used and know of, I always imagined she would be the one still out there walking with us well into her old age. Her program seemed primed to have the most longevity, too.

Oh, well.

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone, leslie sansone retirement