Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
Is VF Roost in Facebook?
It's at Tapatalk.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Old 01-06-24, 12:17 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

There is a VF Facebook group for buying and selling DVDs called VF Roost. The forum of the same name on Tapatalk was started for those who couldn't or wouldn't use Facebook to buy and sell but has been a forum for refugee VFers during outages and other issues on VF over the last couple of years.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
Old 01-06-24, 12:28 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I just can't/won't accept that VF will no longer be part of my life - eventually.
Amen, sister!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-06-24, 01:04 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I think it takes time to adjust. I’ve been posting at VF Roost. At first, it wasn’t as enjoyable, it’s a different type of forum than I’m used to. However, the more I post there, the more I get used to it and the more familiar it feels. I’m enjoying my interactions there. I’ll still miss VF, but I feel there is something as good to replace it.
I agree, the VF Roost at Tapatalk.com is a good replacement and a lot of VFers have signed up.

Here is a link to join.
Old 01-06-24, 04:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I can't stand to think of VF being gone. I've made so many friends here, and met some of you in person.

Sometimes I wonder what my health would be like now had this community not been in my life - the motivation and accountability, learning about different instructors and topics, the excitement of new workouts. I don't think I would have been as diligent about maintaining a fitness habit without my check-ins through the years.

Wherever Wendy is, I hope she is doing well. Thank you to whoever is keeping the site afloat and moderating this place now. I'm going to be here until the curtain drops.
Old 01-07-24, 08:07 AM  
dakko

Doesn't anyone else have qualms about tapatalk's TOS and privacy policy? Or maybe no one is reading it?
Old 01-07-24, 08:25 AM  
Negin

The whole situation stinks to high heaven. I'm hanging on here for as long as I can. I love you all, and don't want this to end.
Old 01-07-24, 09:51 AM  
fatkat555

I love you all here. Sometimes we fight like sisters do, but we’re family.

I cross post now on Karla’s forum and to me her site looks more like this one. I saw several of us as members there so hopefully if this site goes down, we will still have a place.

I don’t do Facebook anymore and was really unhappy with the groups on there. Lots of bots, trolls, as I remember.

I think our biggest loss besides the sense of community on here will be the workout reviews. The massive amount of data there cannot be duplicated. To me, that will be devastating to not look up to see what others thought about some random workout I have in my cart from Mary’s site or eBay. I do NOT trust Amazon reviews.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-07-24, 09:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakko View Post
Doesn't anyone else have qualms about tapatalk's TOS and privacy policy? Or maybe no one is reading it?
Ironically, I just tried to sign onto Tapatalk and got a 504 Gateway Error!

Okay, I was able to get in and found the privacy info:
https://www.tapatalk.com/privacy_policy

They use info like email and birthdate (if you provide it) for targeted advertising. Isn't this pretty typical of most sites?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.

Tags
abandonware, data privacy, forum alternative, forum issues, privacy, tapatalk, vf roost, vf roost forum, vf site issues