Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-10-13, 04:14 PM  
yahoo205

I have wifi only because most places I use my ipad have wifi. But I actually don't use my ipad as much as I thought.

Also, if I'm going to be out and won't have access to wifi and need internet access I just have my phone set up as a temporary hot spot, but of course that drains the phone battery.
Old 06-10-13, 05:31 PM  
Irisg1

I use my IPad on a daily basis and I only have wi-fi. Then again, I do have my Iphone when I need 3/4G, but even my phone runs on WiFi most of the time.
Old 06-10-13, 06:54 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
When thinking about 4G vs wireless-only, think about WHERE you would use it. Your school buildings and library probably have wireless available. Your favorite coffee shops probably have wireless. If you want to sit under a tree in the park and read, you can download your Kindle book at home (school, coffeeshop, etc.) and then you don't need connectivity to read it. But if you want to sit under a tree and surf, or watch youtube videos while you're commuting (not as the driver of course), etc., you might need 4G.
Yes, this would probably be the only time I would need the 4G is if we went somewhere and hubby was driving. But honestly, I would be just as good to read an already downloaded book. You are right most places have wireless now. I probably wouldn't need it and from reading it doesn't seem like it lasts long if you do use it.
Old 06-10-13, 06:58 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
I use my IPad on a daily basis and I only have wi-fi. Then again, I do have my Iphone when I need 3/4G, but even my phone runs on WiFi most of the time.
Yes, my husband's phone has 3G but he runs on WiFi most of the time too. The 3G doesn't cost him anything. He has a Straight Talk phone Optimus Q. I just looked it up and could grab a refurbished one for $20 and have a smart phone. When I originally bought his phone it was $180 now it is $50 brand new and $20 refurbished lol
Old 06-10-13, 07:36 PM  
KellyMarie65

Also, did most of you buy the Apple care warranty that adds an extra year of protection for $100?
Old 06-10-13, 08:13 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

I love having 4G on mine.

Some public wifi is slower than dirt and I have security concerns about doing anything that requires a password over unknown wifi networks.

With Verizon, you can get 1GB a month for $20. And, I think you can turn it on and off so long as you don't leave it off for (I think) 5 months.

If you aren't streaming music or movies, 1 GB is a lot.

Laura (LCC)
Old 06-10-13, 08:37 PM  
KellyMarie65

They announced IOS 7 coming out in the fall but nothing about a new Ipad design. Hmmm
Old 06-10-13, 08:57 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
Also, did most of you buy the Apple care warranty that adds an extra year of protection for $100?
I always buy apple care. some people think it's unnecessary but I think it's worth it. Though, I don't have to use it much for all my apple products.
Old 06-10-13, 08:58 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
I always buy apple care. some people think it's unnecessary but I think it's worth it. Though, I don't have to use it much for all my apple products.
Okay, thanks
Old 06-11-13, 03:01 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
I recently upgraded to an iphone. All I can say is I had considered getting an ipad mini for travel (my girls have ipod touches) but decided on the phone because of the travel issue and because my old phone was dying. I'd used their touches when we'd stop at places that had wifi, but I really wanted to be able to check weather and radar and such wherever we were. I don't use much data at all because I connect to wifi wherever possible. If I were to do a lot of reading or watching movies, I think I would get an ipad.

I did get the Apple care. I got my phone through Verizon (longtime customer) and the 5 was only $99. I'm not sure if that was a special deal or not - the tag said $199. They also offer 12-month financing on ipads, in case you wanted to check that out.

Tags
off-topic