Notices

Old 08-16-23, 07:10 AM  
buffmama

Permission granted, copy away.
Old 08-16-23, 12:51 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Would it be helpful for those of us here to add new reviews for workouts at the new site? My impressions of workouts are just that, impressions. I rarely break down the exercises of a dvd. Would that be ok?

Also, one of the features I love about the VF reviews is that the reviews are searchable. I love how if you’ve found an instructor you haven’t tried, you can look at that instructor’s other offerings. Or you can search by name or company (like Firm). Will the new site have this feature? Just curious…
It would be fantastic if people left new reviews Leaving an impression of a workout is just as good as leaving a review with a breakdown of the exercises. I enjoy reading both detailed breakdowns and impressions of workouts. We all have different styles of expression and it makes reading reviews more interesting if they’re personalized and not all exactly the same.

There’s a search feature so you can look up instructors or titles. I think you might also be able to search by the reviewer too. Let me know if you need any help with the forum.
Old 08-17-23, 06:06 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

You have my permission and thank you for doing this.
Old 08-17-23, 03:14 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Will the new site have this feature? Just curious…
I admit I haven't been around much this year. (I'm getting married in October.) What is the new site? Are we moving somewhere else?
Old 08-17-23, 08:26 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I admit I haven't been around much this year. (I'm getting married in October.) What is the new site? Are we moving somewhere else?
Without getting into to too much detail, the forum has been glitchier in recent years, new members are rarely if ever activated, some members wonder if Wendy the site owner is still properly maintaining the site, forums like this one are becoming rather "old school" and kind of disappearing in favor of other social media formats/platforms (in my experience, sometimes the site/forum owner will give advance notice, sometimes not, if a forum is going to disappear).

So because of all the conjecture and forum site errors (e.g. the 500 error when trying to post, not being able to use the original (non-tag) search function, not being able to use the "today's post" button, etc.), people began creating alternative forums where VF members (and new members) can go to to gather if one day VF disappears with no notice given. And some people actively use/post on these other forums already in addition to or in lieu of VF (so they're not just empty life boats).

Technically some of the alternative sites (such as Facebook VF Roost) PREDATE the conjecture/worry about VF disappearing without notice and came into existence for other reasons.

If you click on the tag "vf site issues" or "vr roost" at the very bottom of the page, it should pull up most of the threads about this topic.

To quote myself from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
-There is a VF Roost Tapatalk forum set up awhile back. Not real active but we did see a big surge in membership recently when talks came up on regular VF about where to go/meetup in case VF disappears. So we have a little over 355 members now (but again, not much activity there since VF still exists).

Here is the link: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/

-There is also the forum Karla set up on proboards:

https://homefitness.freeforums.net/

-There is also the totalfitnessdvds tapatalk forum* that I think was originally set up for people when the collage and yayas forums went away (looks to have 470 members):

https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/

*I think this one was originally more of an old school forum setup and then later changed to a tapatalk forum.

-I think there may still be the original VF Roost group on Facebook that's been in existence for a long time (years?). I'm not on facebook and it's not public so I don't know anything about it except you need to get approved to be a member and I forget which VFers are the ones who manage membership.

This link may work for Facebook members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357899254402542
Old 08-18-23, 08:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Karla, you have my permission if you really want to take on that project. My reviews are under Beth C.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 08-22-23, 02:40 PM  
imhere2dance

Thank you, adawn!
Old 08-29-23, 04:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

You have my permission to use my reviews. Some of them are kind of rude though...

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 08-29-23, 06:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
You have my permission to use my reviews. Some of them are kind of rude though...
Yeah, and some of them are hysterically funny. I remember roaring with laughter at some of them....

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 08-30-23, 01:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Yeah, and some of them are hysterically funny. I remember roaring with laughter at some of them....
Err, not all of them are "Politically Correct" either...

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
proboard, reviews, vf reviews, vf roost, vf site issues