Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-13-23, 04:34 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
If VF disappeared (and I truly hope it doesn't), I'd probably go to the Cathe forums first. I haven't visited there in years, but did just post recently regarding the issues with the stretch DVD.

Is the taptalk fourm for roost free? I have a chromebook, so I don't know if the ads would be too annoying or not.
The tapatalk VF roost forum is free. Like all tapatalk forums, it's possible to pay for a VIP membership for 99 cents/months but I never have and I belong to four tapatalk forums at this point (including the VF roost one). The other three I belong to also came about because the original forums shut down (or were about to) so the remaining members set up a tapatalk forum for anyone still around.

I don't have an ad blocker on my browser and the ads on tapatalk are slightly annoying but manageable (to me). Two of the tapatalk forums I belong to I'm an admin on at this point so I no longer see the ads (or at least I think that's why I don't see them on those ones). One I'm a just moderator on and I see the ads still. Most of the ads are just banner ads across the top and side of screen. The annoying ads are the ones that pop up on the lower right corner. But some people have ad blockers on their browser and see no ads. I'm just giving you my experience since I've never bothered with ad blockers.
Old 06-13-23, 08:42 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
The tapatalk VF roost forum is free. Like all tapatalk forums, it's possible to pay for a VIP membership for 99 cents/months but I never have and I belong to four tapatalk forums at this point (including the VF roost one). The other three I belong to also came about because the original forums shut down (or were about to) so the remaining members set up a tapatalk forum for anyone still around.
adawn, what are the 3 other tapatalk forums you belong to?
Old 06-13-23, 10:05 AM  
Tammie M

I found an older tapatalk forum that might be interesting. It's called YaYaReviewBoard. Has anyone been a member of this one?
Old 06-13-23, 09:15 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
adawn, what are the 3 other tapatalk forums you belong to?
I was wrong--there are only 2 other tapatalk forums I belong to other than the totalfitnessdvds one and VF roost. There was no tapatalk forum created for the third one. The third forum got the plug pulled with no warning. A few of the forum members migrated to reddit but I'm not crazy about the reddit format and it's not the same atmosphere, people have different usernames, etc.

Not meaning to be cryptic, but the other two tapatalk forums I'm on are not fitness related and are rather topic specific it might reveal certain things I'd rather not disclose if I were to say what the original forums were.

I realize it's just an innocent question on your part.

Both are private (so not searchable via google I think) and one is super tiny (I think only a dozen or so of us left from a subforum on a larger forum that once existed). And the other one probably has less than 30 members since the original forum the members came from had been becoming progressively less active over the years.

Sorry for the longwinded answer!
Old 06-13-23, 09:53 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post

Not meaning to be cryptic, but the other two tapatalk forums I'm on are not fitness related and are rather topic specific it might reveal certain things I'd rather not disclose if I were to say what the original forums were.
adawn, I understand. I was just curious about other successful interesting forums.
Old 06-14-23, 06:05 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
adawn, I understand. I was just curious about other successful interesting forums.
If you're into knitting and/or crocheting, Ravelry.com has a thriving forum section last time I checked. I don't use that feature of the website very often though. I use the website primarily to track my yarn inventory, knitting projects, pattern library, look for project ideas and inspiration, and so forth. And it's all free!

I used to enjoy ths.gardenweb.com (mainly the kitchen and bath forums but they had gardening and other remodeling forums too), but then the site was sold to/taken over by houzz years back and now there seem to be more professionals soliciting on it vs. homeowners and experts posting legit advice/questions/photos. Some of the regulars even left. It's not quite the same now, though I do still occasionally enjoy perusing the bath forum's latest posts (even though we're done remodeling all of our bathrooms at this point).

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/bathrooms
Old 06-14-23, 07:43 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

adawn, I do crotchet but haven't crotched in many years but it's good to know about a crochet forum if I pick up that hobby again. Thank you for telling me about Ravelry.com and houzz!
Old 06-20-23, 11:13 AM  
carlynb

Well, I just went through the mill trying to log in to VF this morning. I have been a member here for 20 years (!) but have not been active for several years, although I have lurked off and on. Anyway - I joined VFRoost this morning as well, since I was afraid I would not be able to log on to VF anymore.

Once I finally managed to get logged in I thought I'd better post while I can!
I am trying to make fitness an important part of my life again after a long hiatus. VF has been a wonderful resource in the past and I am looking forward to participating again here and on the other forum as well.

Tags
forum issues, tapatalk, vf roost, vf site issues