https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/

Here it is. Just in case
Old 06-11-23, 06:48 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
...Reddit is another possibility.
I've often thought Reddit would be a great option. It has nested comments and you can upvote (i.e., 'like') posts and comments.

I like Reddit a lot. I have a small list of subreddits with my interests that I follow and the ads are subtle and don't annoy me.

It would require a moderator which I don't have time for in this stage of my life. I could see doing that as a retiree in 10 years.

Of course Reddit would have to survive its current crisis with banning third party apps. A lot of drama over there right now and there will be a boycott tomorrow. Should be interesting.
Old 06-11-23, 06:57 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Thanks! My user name wasn't taken!
Old 06-11-23, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

I just joined TapTalk - how long does it take to get approved for the VF Roost site?

I hope VF doesn't go away, but it is good we have other options just in case.

Donna
Old 06-11-23, 09:35 AM  
Lannette

Should it shut down to posts, it would be great if this forum would remain up and available to read.

I’m probably doing something wrong but when I visit VF Roost I see a ton of ads and the settings are buggy and don’t necessarily stay where I set them.

Just want to mention Mary’s (Total Fitness DVDS) forum. It’s always there and she created when there was a past VF scare. It’s ad free, appears well maintained from what I can see and seems less buggy.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 06-11-23, 09:37 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFR View Post
I've often thought Reddit would be a great option. It has nested comments and you can upvote (i.e., 'like') posts and comments.

I like Reddit a lot. I have a small list of subreddits with my interests that I follow and the ads are subtle and don't annoy me.

It would require a moderator which I don't have time for in this stage of my life. I could see doing that as a retiree in 10 years.

Of course Reddit would have to survive its current crisis with banning third party apps. A lot of drama over there right now and there will be a boycott tomorrow. Should be interesting.
That's a good point about the third party app issue. Guess we'll have to see what happens, but Tapatalk looks pretty good and I just checked and there are a lot of us there now!
Old 06-11-23, 10:11 AM  
Karla25

There’s another forum very similar to this one. How difficult would it be to start another workout forum using the same software?

I’m technologically illiterate so forgive me if I’ve used the wrong terminology.

Here’s a link so you can see that the forums are practically identical: Citydataforum
Old 06-11-23, 10:28 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Should it shut down to posts, it would be great if this forum would remain up and available to read.

I’m probably doing something wrong but when I visit VF Roost I see a ton of ads and the settings are buggy and don’t necessarily stay where I set them.

Just want to mention Mary’s (Total Fitness DVDS) forum. It’s always there and she created when there was a past VF scare. It’s ad free, appears well maintained from what I can see and seems less buggy.
I don’t care for TapaTalk VF Roost either. I’m going to check out Mary’s site.
Old 06-11-23, 10:38 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post

Actually Mary created the forum for us when Collage sold and the new company took over. We knew we were losing our forum so several people contacted Mary and asked if she could do one. Mary is the best! Unfortunately, lost most of the Collage gang and many people came to VF and didn't want to be on multiple forums so the TF one isn't very active. We only have one check in over there now and there just aren't many new posts even though people keep up their check in posts. Would love to see more activity there!

Here is the link
https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-11-23, 10:52 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Actually Mary created the forum for us when Collage sold and the new company took over. We knew we were losing our forum so several people contacted Mary and asked if she could do one. Mary is the best! Unfortunately, lost most of the Collage gang and many people came to VF and didn't want to be on multiple forums so the TF one isn't very active. We only have one check in over there now and there just aren't many new posts even though people keep up their check in posts. Would love to see more activity there!

Here is the link
https://totalfitnessdvdsforum.com/
That's correct..and I'm a member of both. It's pretty easy to toggle between both forums too.

I assume Mary pays for how that forum operates differently.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Tags
abandonware, internet archive, tapatalk, vf roost, vf site issues