Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-25-24, 05:16 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'm still on track with Jessica's AAP rotations!

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 02-25-24, 06:54 AM  
SEV

Started out great. This is our busy time at work, so Jessica's new AAP workouts were perfect for me along with some 30 min pilates sessions. Then a nasty cold took hold, along with some major work drama and, bam back to square one. Yesterday I finally felt like doing a gentle workout. So, hopefully back to normal soon!
Old 02-25-24, 07:50 AM  
fatkat555

I started out ok, but then plantar fasciitis set in. I’m resting, doing yoga, Pilates. Even barre can flare it up right now. I think I did too much HIIT too soon. Pain is gone right now, and I’m digging into my unused, dusty dvds. I found a new favorite in the Yoga Warrior Vol 1 dvd, the Flexibility workout. The pace and sequencing of this one is perfect.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 02-25-24, 08:07 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
I am super consistent with rebounding so far. I'm mostly using the Cellerciser, which I got in mid-January, and have used it almost every day for 3-20 minutes or so. I love it. I'm amazed at the leg, arm and ab toning that is happening. And, I'm feeling great.
Gale, what do you do on your rebounder? Freestyle? Follow videos? I used to use my rebounder daily but haven’t used it much in the past month or two (now that I think about it, I may have stopped when I hurt my calf and haven’t started back up again). I guess what I do depends on my mood. But I do love my rebounder!
Old 02-25-24, 10:10 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
Started out great. This is our busy time at work, so Jessica's new AAP workouts were perfect for me along with some 30 min pilates sessions. Then a nasty cold took hold, along with some major work drama and, bam back to square one. Yesterday I finally felt like doing a gentle workout. So, hopefully back to normal soon!
Similar for me. I was on track with Jessica’s YBYY on the AAP, then got a nasty cold. I’m still sick and haven’t worked out the past week.
Old 02-25-24, 10:45 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Gale, what do you do on your rebounder? Freestyle? Follow videos? I used to use my rebounder daily but haven’t used it much in the past month or two (now that I think about it, I may have stopped when I hurt my calf and haven’t started back up again). I guess what I do depends on my mood. But I do love my rebounder!

I'm doing a combination of workouts from the Mr. Rebounder app (specific to Cellericiser), I Jump Instead, and freestyle on my own. I'm trying for 10 minutes just health bounce/mobility in the morning before work, and then a more formal workout in the early evening.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Old 02-25-24, 01:14 PM  
cam522

I'm very happy to say I've been on track with Caroline Girvan for about a year, only taking a week off between programs. This is the most consistent I've been in, really I can't remember how long.

I have 1 more week left in the EPIC III program and then I'm not sure what I'll do next. I am thinking about buying her app but I'd rather do workouts on the TV so I'll see.

.... Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
Old 02-25-24, 01:39 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

For a long time I did split weight routines. In January, I started doing total body routines. I find it makes a big difference. I am much more tired and can't do much cardio between sessions, so I'm thinking of going back to split routines. However, I have been more consistent than I was in 2023.
Old 02-25-24, 02:47 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
I'm doing a combination of workouts from the Mr. Rebounder app (specific to Cellericiser), I Jump Instead, and freestyle on my own. I'm trying for 10 minutes just health bounce/mobility in the morning before work, and then a more formal workout in the early evening.
Ooh, nice. I’ve been doing 5-10 min closed chain bouncing as a warm up before my yoga videos. So far this year, I’ve logged 31 bouncing sessions. Health bounce is my preferred style; if I bounce too hard, I get a “womp-womp” in my inner ear, lol. (Fluid or something…)
Old 02-25-24, 03:21 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Ooh, nice. I’ve been doing 5-10 min closed chain bouncing as a warm up before my yoga videos. So far this year, I’ve logged 31 bouncing sessions. Health bounce is my preferred style; if I bounce too hard, I get a “womp-womp” in my inner ear, lol. (Fluid or something…)
Alison, I also like to rebound as a warmup for yoga. I prefer a softer bounce because I can literally feel my nervous system calming dow when I do it. I hit the lottery with my new job and company I moved to last summer. I have an office with a door (as opposed to a cubicle) and when I asked my boss if I could put a rebounder in my office, she said sure! So I have a 49” bellicon at home and a 39” at work that I keep against the wall with the legs folded in. It’s wonderful to get a health bounce in for 10 minutes when it’s too cold, wet, or windy to walk outside on my break.

Tags
motivation, new year goals, new year rotations, results, setbacks