Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-07-12, 07:10 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
Burn After Reading: Gilad - his step workout, I think (John Malkovich is watching it.)
Yes, that's his Step Aerobics video with the parrot. Coincidentally, I was telling Mr RedPanda about it only yesterday.
Old 05-07-12, 08:23 PM  
lila_says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdFg4Qi2xGo

The exercise video starts at about the 20 second mark, then again around the 2 minute mark, so you don't have to dig through the whole 40 minutes.
I also totally don't hear "Respect" playing, so that might be a misleading clue.
So after watching the clip & imdb-ing the episode, it's a step workout by Teri Ann Krefting. Googling came up with nothing so it's probably a VHS-only or a television thing. There, sleepless nights averted
Old 05-07-12, 10:26 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I seem to recall an episode of Monk where a woman doing a step workout was killed . . . don't remember any more details, will try to look it up.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Old 05-08-12, 07:55 AM  
NotThatGirl

So what I'm getting is I clearly shouldn't do step workouts lol.

This is a fun thread, I have to keep my eyes peeled for when I see someone doing a video now
Old 05-08-12, 09:49 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
So what I'm getting is I clearly shouldn't do step workouts lol.
Works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdFg4Qi2xGo

The exercise video starts at about the 20 second mark, then again around the 2 minute mark, so you don't have to dig through the whole 40 minutes.
It was nice of the murderer to turn off the kitchen faucet.
Old 05-08-12, 10:11 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
So after watching the clip & imdb-ing the episode, it's a step workout by Teri Ann Krefting. Googling came up with nothing so it's probably a VHS-only or a television thing. There, sleepless nights averted
If I recall correctly, Teri Ann Krefting did a lot of stuff for Exercise TV, and the set looks about right for that, so it was probably one of theirs. And no more Exercise TV, so pretty difficult to double check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
It was nice of the murderer to turn off the kitchen faucet.
I watched that episode a long time ago and, if I recall correctly, he did all sorts of weird "thoughtful" things like that around the house - like cleaning up after the killings and whatnot. I love Criminal Minds despite how phenomenally stupid it is. Can you imagine if there really were enough serial killers around that there was a roving band of geniuses flying around the country to track a new one each week? Yikes.
Old 05-08-12, 10:57 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
Another TV show instead of movie, but there is scene in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" during which Buffy is doing step aerobics on a green/pink step. The point of the scene is that the music is so loud the characters don't hear someone pounding on the outside door. I've often wondered if it's a real work-out or simply music they found for the episode.

By the way, it just occurred to me that "Buffy" was a name designed to evoke a limp, weak teenage girl, but Buffy was actually pretty darned buff. Joss Whedon is so slick, I can't help but wonder if that was what he intended.
_____
YADeb
I think, in the original movie, she was kinda the dingy-blond-cheerleader stereo-type, who was then recruited (destined) to becme a tough slayer. Its been so long I don't remember the exact story-line, but I think it was sort of a comedy based on prom maasacre type stuff. (just a little trivia)
Old 05-08-12, 11:23 AM  
zippity

Well, it's not someone doing an exercise video, but P90X was mentioned on "2 Broke Girls" last night...
Old 05-08-12, 12:55 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
By the way, it just occurred to me that "Buffy" was a name designed to evoke a limp, weak teenage girl, but Buffy was actually pretty darned buff. Joss Whedon is so slick, I can't help but wonder if that was what he intended.
_____
YADeb
The movie was not what Joss Whedon had originally intended. In Season 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer they include several interviews with Joss discussing different episodes as part of the extras. He said he loved horror movies, but there was always a little blonde girl that got killed in them. He wanted to know what would happen if she fought back instead. That's how he came up with the idea for the character of Buffy.

~Sissy B
Old 05-08-12, 06:05 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
Well, it's not someone doing an exercise video, but P90X was mentioned on "2 Broke Girls" last night...
We saw that too. As I was reading this thread, I was trying to think which show I saw that reference on but wasn't coming up with it. Thanks!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire

Tags
animals in background, home exercisers in movies, home exercisers in tv