Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-09-10, 09:06 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
I trade with anyone who wants to trade w/me

I don't know how it works in the states, but can't you grab a ton of custom forms at the desk and fill them out at home, and then just go to the post office and get them to stamp it and drop it? that's what i always do.
Yep That's what I do. But some people don't like going to the post office. Or it's difficult to get there.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-09-10, 09:11 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I always think it's pretty cool to trade overseas. I've traded with France, England, Israel, Malaysia, Australia, Japan (and probably others). A couple of years, I was a Secret Santa to someone in another country, which was fun. I've never had a problem with an overseas trade and don't think the incidence of problems is any higher than in the U.S.

Some weeks it can be hard to get to the post office. For some who don't go regularly, I can see how it would be something they would prefer not to do.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 12-09-10, 09:22 AM  
herya

I've had some nice trades with US and Canada and the post was surprisingly quick (e.g. 2 days). Never lost anything and never had to wait long, a couple of days at most, with the same for my trade partners. I appreciate the extra effort involved and I am usually willing to trade multiples to make up for it!

Are US custom forms cumbersone to fill? Mine is just a sticker where I need to scribble "gift not merchandise" and "$15 worth", and my name.
Old 12-09-10, 09:28 AM  
Vee

I used to live in India and now I live in Malaysia. Thank you so much to all VFers who traded with me!
Old 12-09-10, 09:40 AM  
lynnem3
VF Supporter

I lived in Indonesia for a few years and greatly appreciated VFers who were willing to make overseas trades (IIRC, Deja Deb traded with me multiple times). It does require an extra step and may take a little longer, but it definitely lifted my spirits and helped me maintain my connection to VF. After that experience, I am very willing to trade with people who are overseas.
Old 12-09-10, 09:56 AM  
Ellinis

I live in Greece. I,too, want to thank all the people here who have traded with me. It's been such an exciting experience for me meeting you on this forum! I am also very thankful to all the posters on this thread for their understanding and their politeness towards overseas traders!
Old 12-09-10, 10:41 AM  
Eibhinn

As a Canadian trader, I appreciate all those who trade internationally, but I also understand why some people don't. I know some people stopped when they had multiple international trades not arrive, and decided (probably correctly) that it had something to do with their local post offices not dealing with the packages correctly. I also know that for people on a limited budget, extra postage can make a difference. I've never traded outside of the US/Canada, and I'll admit that I would worry about the cost involved, given Canada Post's high shipping rates.

One thing I would like to request for those who do not ship internationally --- please indicate so clearly at the beginning of your trade list/post to save us international people time. There are only two things more annoying than reading all the way through a post and being about to send a trade offer before noticing the last words on the page are "US Only": sending the trade offer off only to have the person reply that they won't trade outside the US, but just didn't bother saying so, or never receiving a reply at all (PS - Why do people do this?! It's incredibly rude).
Old 12-09-10, 11:01 AM  
daisysunshine

or even in the titles, Ebby.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
Old 12-09-10, 11:17 AM  
Nelly G

I live in the Netherlands and I am very thankfull for people who traded with me and hopefully who will trade with me in the near future. Thanks for that!!!

Here in the Netherlands there are not much work out dvds to buy.
We had here Tae Bo as video, Zumba dvds, some little yoga and pilates dvds.
They do not know barre at all.

When I want something I have to buy it via the USA/UK.
As most people go to gym, there is not a market for workout dvds.

If I have a dvd I want to sell it or trade it, I cannot do it here because there is no interest for. Also some companies like Fluidity do not sell to abroad sellers-maybe next year, I hope. Or companies have shipping cost which are so high that it is to much like 15-25 dollars so they can put money in their pocket because it is not so high.

So yes I am very glad some of you want to trade with us VFers overseas!!!
Old 12-09-10, 11:36 AM  
DejaDeb

I sorta get a kick when getting an international package -- I love looking at the stamps! Maybe I should just ask them to include extra (unused) stamps in the package, as I do peel them off and they sometimes tear!

Yeah, the customs form is a bit of a drag, but it doesn't cost a whole heck of lot more than within the US, esp. if you use DC on your US packages. And I generally go in person to the PO with my packages, so it's usually not a big deal for me.

Tags
trade courtesy, trading