Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-15-22, 08:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Did anyone do the first workout today?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-15-22, 09:11 PM  
Venus

I did the workout today. I used lighter weights and kept moving during the rest periods. I did wish there was some sort of prompt between moves, especially for the bent over exercises.
Old 10-16-22, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I did it yesterday. I liked it a lot. I had to use lighter weights because I had been laid up all summer with a broken ankle but I can see myself going heavier soon hopefully. I'm looking forward to doing more of them. A good length for me. I like the format too.
Old 10-16-22, 09:55 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the feedback, Venus and summer breeze! I'm thinking of starting it tmrw. My aunt did it yesterday and liked that there wasn't a lot of talking. I'm not crazy about no-talk workouts that seem to be more common on YouTube. Unless there's great music, then I can deal with it.

Summer breeze, sorry about the broken ankle. Hope it has healed completely!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-16-22, 10:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Venus and summer breeze! I'm thinking of starting it tmrw. My aunt did it yesterday and liked that there wasn't a lot of talking. I'm not crazy about no-talk workouts that seem to be more common on YouTube. Unless there's great music, then I can deal with it.

Summer breeze, sorry about the broken ankle. Hope it has healed completely!
Aww thank you, Vantreesta. It seems to have healed well thankfully.
Old 10-16-22, 01:25 PM  
cyana

I did the first work-out today and liked it. Solid moves, performed at a good pace and in a lovely outdoor setting. I did a 15 minute Essentrics practice as a warm-up because I needed an excuse to use my ETV subscription.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
Old 10-17-22, 08:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I did the second workout yesterday which I also enjoyed. I just love the triset format she uses. No dread for me. But she pretty much worked the same muscle groups as the day before so I asked her if these workouts were meant to be done on consecutive days. She did give me a good answer which I'm not sure I'll be able to explain here as well as she did. Something about since the workouts are only 20 minutes we're not working the muscles to the full volume they need for strength and muscle gains so it's ok to work them again the next day. All that being said, I'm pretty sore today so I will skip a day. Which she also said to do if you're very sore.
Old 10-17-22, 08:17 PM  
Gibbee

I did workout one today. Lifted lighter than usual and that’s ok. My biceps were talking to me today. Loved it. To me it kind of reminded me of plateau buster in terms of moving quickly to the next exercise. (PB is supersets not trisets.)

The volume she referred to in her answer to you, summer breeze, said the weekly volume is the same as what you would get with a two or three day a week lifting program, but spread across more days.

What I understand from some articles I have read and podcasts I have listened to, on average you need a certain amount of volume (reps, sets) to build and maintain muscle and strength. This is what she is referring to in her reply to you on YouTube.

I am looking forward to trying workout 2!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 10-17-22, 08:20 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did the first one today and really enjoyed it. If you like, there's a Lift With Cee check-in that we would love to have you all join.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Old 10-18-22, 03:30 AM  
Negin

I tried one of her workouts yesterday and really liked it. Subscribing to her channel now.

Tags
20 minute wokouts, 20 minute workout, 20-minute workouts, fitbymik, lift with cee, over 40, senior strength training, short strength workouts, youtube, youtube instructors