Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Should we transition the non-forum part of the site or keep it as is?
Lift and Shift: keep VF as a Legacy site 42 63.64%
Transition: Move VF into a modern CMS 24 36.36%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-24, 12:07 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I never even knew all those sections existed!
Me too.

When I view VF, I just look at the new posts in the general discussion unless I'm searching for something specific. However, I haven't done that in a long time since the search feature wasn't working.

I'm all for keeping things basic and as they are....but working.
Old 02-07-24, 12:39 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I wonder if the reviews that are over 20 years old could be archived some way.
I don't want them to disappear, but there are so many old ones. I'd also like to see reviews written for You Tube workouts etc.

Thanks to anyone doing this work. I wish I had the needed skills.
Old 02-07-24, 12:44 PM  
jusca

I voted transition. Keeping #1-2 along with all the old posts is highly favorable. That's what I love most about vf is the goldmine of old reviews and experiences shared in the user posts.

Thank you so much for implementing changes to a new host/system.
Old 02-07-24, 12:51 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Keep:
1, 7, 8, 12, 17

I'd really like to see interviews again. Given all the platforms and youtube offerings I think interviews would be very valuable.
Old 02-07-24, 01:06 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I voted transition. Keeping #1-2 along with all the old posts is highly favorable. That's what I love most about vf is the goldmine of old reviews and experiences shared in the user posts.

Thank you so much for implementing changes to a new host/system.
+1
Old posts and reviews are the only things I’d be interested in saving.
Old 02-07-24, 01:57 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I only use the forum, so whatever is easier for the team! As others have said, I didn't know those other sections even existed.
I do understand that Reviews are important to folks here.
-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 02-07-24, 03:02 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
+1
Old posts and reviews are the only things I’d be interested in saving.
Same.
Old 02-07-24, 03:09 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I think maybe I need more info as to what is meant by more data control. I’m thinking if that would require more people, time, and $$ to manage, that may not be the way to go. Would the “security” of the “new” forum be the same as the current one? I know some are concerned because the deity that is apparently the iphone told them it’s an unsecure site, so would the new site pose a similar “issue” or would that go away?

I so appreciate the time and effort by the folks working on this project!

I think that many of us were unaware of the existence of some of these other areas. Most haven’t been updated or posted to in years! I think that if the reviews area is fixed—#1 and #2—they would be used more often and is a good feature/area to keep. Have people even been able to post new reviews? If that area is working, then maybe #8 would be more relevant, along with #9. I would definitely ditch #5, 6,10, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 02-07-24, 04:48 PM  
Floren

Thank you so much to the people who are working on this!!

If I'm understanding the question correctly, it seems like the existing reviews and existing forum posts are the two things that would benefit most from being moved to a CMS, so that we could access/search them, and also add to them.

The other sections seem to be older/outdated info, might be nice to see but maybe not a priority to add to a CMS.

I didn't know which to vote for, because maybe only the reviews and forum into CMS, and the rest of the sections just preserved for viewing but not needing the full functionality of being brought into the CMS? Perhaps this would limit the scope of work and the effort needed.

But I'll be grateful and happy with whatever is decided! Soooo happy that we will be able to preserve the historical collective wisdom of VF!
Old 02-07-24, 05:01 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Sorry to be that wishy washy person but I support whatever the people who are kind enough to do this work behind the scenes find best and easiest for them.

The most important section to me is the video reviews. I didn't even know the other features existed!
I'm with Pat and Donna.

Tags
vf future, vf hall of fame