Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-09-22, 07:55 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Stephanie, You could create a 2nd/new facebook account. You will need to use a different email address or phone number for the new account. After that you will need to get accepted at VF Roost again. I maintain two facebook accounts one with my real name for friends and the second one is my nickname "Carly" for all my workout groups and correspondence.

Also, were you trying to sell any Beachbody DVD's? I know Beachbody has been trying to stop resales of all their merchandise on Amazon and such. Maybe they have a stop/search on Facebook?
You know, I did have one Beachbody set listed with the word Beachbody in the listing. It's a set that they don't even have available on demand or streaming but the word itself could have triggered something. I had one other Beachbody set listed but not with "Beachbody" in the listing for it.

I'll look into creating a different Facebook account. That may be a good option.
Thank you
Old 10-09-22, 08:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

According to the reasons given for your post deletion, it doesn't make sense that selling a Beachbody item should trigger a deletion.

Very strange...I hope you are successful!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 10-09-22 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Accordion? How did that happen, lol!
Old 10-09-22, 08:19 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Accordion the reasons given for your post deletion, it doesn't make sense that selling a Beachbody item should trigger a deletion.

Very strange...I hope you are successful!
I agree, but the reason they gave doesn't make sense anyway, lol! But if I do end up posting again on Facebook it is good to know that using Beachbody could be a problem.
Old 10-09-22, 08:45 PM  
star117

You could post that you have dvds and a short story about what happened and have people message you for the list.
Old 10-09-22, 08:46 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

FWIW, I've noticed that Beachbody is no longer strictly policing the resale of their DVDs (well, there were counterfeits too) on ebay at least. I don't know when the change happened exactly but one day I just happened to notice on ebay that you could buy/sell sets like Les Mills Pump and Body Beast again.

Maybe Beachbody stopped caring as much now that most of their revenue comes from their streaming/digital content.
Old 10-09-22, 09:42 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
You could post that you have dvds and a short story about what happened and have people message you for the list.
And now that people here know you have a long list, if anyone thinks they are interested, they could message you here and you could take it off list with them. This is the captive audience.....
Old 10-09-22, 10:04 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
And now that people here know you have a long list, if anyone thinks they are interested, they could message you here and you could take it off list with them. This is the captive audience.....
I am absolutely open to people messaging me if they want but I also didn't want to start a thread with the intent of advertising to people that I have DVDs for sale since selling on VF is against the rules. I was afraid to even start this thread because I didn't want it to be seen that way and cause any trouble, but I really needed help with ideas on how to get my list back in front of people - and to vent about Facebook, lol And I knew the VFers and Roosters (haha, never realized it was Roosters!) would understand my frustration.

Everyone here has been more than helpful I am definitely going to pursue one or more of the ideas you all have given me!
Old 10-09-22, 10:33 PM  
rhbrand

Facebook is getting worse and worse about their policing of posts.

Its gotten so ridiculous that people can literally say they would harm you, or other women, but god forbid you post some videos for sale.
Old 10-09-22, 11:38 PM  
jusca

oh, no i'm sorry to hear that happened. i hope you can find a backup of your list somewhere. would a picture of your dvds be easier to create than typing the list again?
Old 10-10-22, 05:31 AM  
amoodygirl

Stephanie - I'm assuming someone had to report your list. FB doesn't "seemingly" scan the listings. You need to contact an admin of the group.

I'm getting close to deleting my FB profile because of nonsense like this. I read in the news that Zuck is troubled by so many jumping ship. We're not alone in being annoyed with FB!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane

Tags
facebook, selling dvds, vf roost