Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-15-11, 02:55 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Clips would be great, but I want the dvds I ordered. At least a word or two about what is going on would help. They are strangely silent.
Old 09-15-11, 06:06 PM  
steakhousegirl

If I recall correctly...last time she put up clips the critics came out in droves and most of the carping was about non-existent things. They were quick clips and people took them as gospel. So I don't blame her one bit for not putting out clips.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
Old 09-15-11, 06:40 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Clips would be great, but I want the dvds I ordered. At least a word or two about what is going on would help. They are strangely silent.
Here's the update from September 12th. Not much, but at least an update. I don't know why they didn't post it more centrally on the blog--when you go to Newest Workout, it's not there.

http://cathe.com/low-impact-series-project-update
Old 09-15-11, 08:16 PM  
turbo1

I knew going into this pre-order it would be typical Cathe/SMN stuff so I try not to think about it. I think for most of us, it just makes no sense that so many other instructors have such a fast turn around with pre-orders and show clips pretty quickly. This is just typical Cathe...it is what it is. I have put in a couple Cathe cardio DVDs in the last couple of weeks, and yanked them out of the DVD player without finishing, those dam around the worlds, repeaters, and "walk,walk, turn" literally made me scream, I'm not kidding! If it wasn't so close to shipping (or maybe not) and I"ve already paid, I'd cancel. I"m keeping them because I"m moving away from doing so much high impact, but I have a feeling these will bore the hell outta me, but one can always hope right?
Old 09-15-11, 08:38 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhousegirl View Post
If I recall correctly...last time she put up clips the critics came out in droves and most of the carping was about non-existent things. They were quick clips and people took them as gospel. So I don't blame her one bit for not putting out clips.
I agree, the same flag is run up the post, I wouldn't put out anything more either.
Old 09-16-11, 03:47 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDiva View Post
I agree, the same flag is run up the post, I wouldn't put out anything more either.
We'll have to agree to disagree about this one.

You'd think clips would get people excited about your workouts. If the clips are going to be dissected, then so be it - at least people are talking about your product! It just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Old 09-16-11, 06:29 AM  
Conni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post

You'd think clips would get people excited about your workouts. If the clips are going to be dissected, then so be it - at least people are talking about your product! It just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I agree Rose, having a thick skin is a prerequisite in this industry, and I wonder if these workouts are as redundant as I suspect they may be ( hence why I cancelled to begin with).....
Old 09-16-11, 07:18 AM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post

Cathe and SNM have said making clips right now would take time away from finishing the product. As someone who already ordered, I would like to see clips, but I would like to get my DVDs more.

If you haven't ordered, I wouldn't bother until they're released. The incentive to order is gone. With Mary's discount, it's less than a dollar over the preorder price. The wait after they're relased wouldn't be that long either.
Old 09-16-11, 07:40 AM  
Indy

Cathe usually puts out a very professional product - nobody can dispute that - even if she or her workoust aren't for you - she knows her stuff. Why hide clips?

My sister was amazed that I would drop money on something that I've never seen - several times - and you know - she's right. It seems ridiculous. Cathe is extremely fortunate to have loyal customers - but I think this policy is losing her new ones.
Old 09-16-11, 07:53 AM  
LoriSax

I have not bought anything from Cathe in a long time. I just can't take her impact anymore, but this excited me. I am really getting bugged. I hate to complain, I try to be patient, but I am getting a little irritated.

Tags
cathe, cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale