Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-17-05, 08:26 AM  
cbelle

Deanna, care to share your results from that rotation? It looks great!
Old 06-17-05, 09:07 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I don't exclusively do Cathe (so what am I doing in this thread? I'm nosy!!), because I think that doing just HER cardio and weight workouts would be overkill (for me, at least). Her cardio is just too much for me on a regular basis (and since I've gotten rid of the step workouts that have torquey moves that bother my knees--though reaquired IMAX2 after discovering I can modify and remove all the torque!-- I have a limited amount of her cardio and it would bore me after a while and be step overkill for me.) Like several other posters, I've done rotations of Cathe's WEIGHT workouts, interspersing other cardio, and maybe one or two Cathe cardio workouts each week.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Old 06-17-05, 09:17 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
I don't exclusively do Cathe (so what am I doing in this thread? I'm nosy!!), because I think that doing just HER cardio and weight workouts would be overkill (for me, at least). Her cardio is just too much for me on a regular basis (and since I've gotten rid of the step workouts that have torquey moves that bother my knees--though reaquired IMAX2 after discovering I can modify and remove all the torque!-- I have a limited amount of her cardio and it would bore me after a while and be step overkill for me.) Like several other posters, I've done rotations of Cathe's WEIGHT workouts, interspersing other cardio, and maybe one or two Cathe cardio workouts each week.
Me too! Meaning I'm both nosy AND I avoid all Cathe all the time. It has ended in exhaustion and injury before, so I'll do her cardio when I'm doing other strength stuff, or just use her cardio sparingly when I'm following her strength rotations. Of course, I haven't been able to step now for 4.5 months, so my Cathe cardio has been limited anyway. Her Hi/Lo is great on a rebounder though

Beth

Tom Petty
Old 06-17-05, 10:15 AM  
KathAL79

When I do Cathe's weights, I use just one video at a time for a month or so. There are a couple of reasons for this: I only have a few of her workouts, I feel more comfortable using one thing at a time so I know what weights to pick up, and I find I can improve both form and strength better when I focus on one thing.
I don't use Cathe for cardio, though, except her kickboxing.
Old 06-17-05, 10:16 AM  
Becka Boyd

Just wanted to say I love, love, love her hi/lo on the Urban Rebounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by boakley
Me too! Meaning I'm both nosy AND I avoid all Cathe all the time. It has ended in exhaustion and injury before, so I'll do her cardio when I'm doing other strength stuff, or just use her cardio sparingly when I'm following her strength rotations. Of course, I haven't been able to step now for 4.5 months, so my Cathe cardio has been limited anyway. Her Hi/Lo is great on a rebounder though

Beth
Old 06-17-05, 10:32 AM  
Conni

She is the best! I will usually throw in some alternate cardio just to rile things up a bit, but there is none better than Cathe. You should come on over to her forum, very positive and inspiring people over there!
Old 06-17-05, 11:20 AM  
gypsygirl64

I do Cathe for both strength and cardio (with the exception of walking/running on the treadmill and the occiasional Gin Miller).

I have 7 regular step videos that I am rotating (not including CTX cardio or IMAX). I have "learned" them but still want to continue to do them over and over until they become second nature before moving on to her newer stuff.

As a result, I have been putting off buying the Intensity Series for a while now. I continue using PS, CTX, MIS & PH. I have S&H but it is my least favorite. My current PM rotation is:

M-Cathe Cardio (one of the seven); planks
T-yoga or treadmill
W-Cathe CTX Cardio (not one of the seven); PS Chest, Back & Shoulders
T-PS Legs, Biceps, Triceps & Abs
F-Cathe Cardio (one of the seven); planks
S-yoga or treadmill
S-PH

So I am getting "strength" with PS and "endurance" with PH... It is working very well for me right now, so I am planning on continuing until I am tired of doing PS & PH - then it will be CTX endurance during the week and MIS on Sunday. By that time I should really KNOW the seven cardio and then maybe in the winter purchase the Intensity Series... Then once I have "learned" it, I will move on to the next series... I am not sure I will ever catch up to waiting for the most current series (unless she stops and I don't) - so I feel I will always have something to look forward to and I REALLY get my $$$ worth out of the ones I have!!!

Laura
Old 06-17-05, 11:31 AM  
challenge47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
Nancy,
I beleive this is the original rotation posted by Cathe http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...ng_type=search but beware...it looks very intense. Also, here is the modified version Cbelle came up with http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...=172097&page=2. Good luck!
Angela, thanks so much for the info! It does look pretty daunting. And I'd have to have a lot (almost all?) of her workouts. Since I don't yet have any of them, this would entail a serious outlay of money. I'll try to find one of her fat loss rotations that involves fewer videos. If you or other VFers have any ideas or links, please let me know.

Thanks again Angela.

Nancy
Old 06-17-05, 11:46 AM  
cbelle

I went thru about 4 years of doing Cathe exclusively and just 3 months ago finally reached burnout. I did other stuff for those 3 months and now I'm happily doing Cahte again. I can definitely say that purchasing all her dvds was the best investment I ever made. I m ay get sick of them after awhile but I'll always go back.
Old 06-17-05, 12:45 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbelle
Deanna, care to share your results from that rotation? It looks great!
Well, I guess everyone has a different idea of what results mean to them . All I can say is, my arms are looking much more defined now, and I'm able to lift heavier than when I first started (that's across the boards, on all upper body exercises). Yep, I'm happy .

Tags
cathe rotation