Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-07-24, 11:30 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I finally got around to Babylon Berlin's first 3 seasons before they left netflix at the end of February. Actually, I had to get season 3 on dvd from the library to watch the final two episodes because I couldn't watch them all in time on netflix.

Really amazing show; can't believe it took me so long to give it a try. It is foreign language/subtitled (this bothers some people). I couldn't even knit watching it (I can normally knit and read subtitles depending on the show but this one was so fast-paced, complex, and visually lavish, there was no way I could look away for a moment!).

I think the 4th season is only available on dvd/bluray in PAL format from outside the US. I don't think any of my dvd or bluray players support PAL and I don't feel like investing in a region-free bluray player. So I may just buy the 4th season on ebay "all region" from China and hope for the best.
Old 03-07-24, 11:40 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Luther was an excellent show; might watch it again since it's been a few years. There's a crime drama on BritBox with Helen Mirren called Prime Suspect. It's kind of dated, from the 90's I think but so good.
Prime Suspect is one of my mom & I's favorites in that genre. I think it holds up well, even today.

It has a slightly different feel than Prime Suspect (IIRC), but we thought the prequel Prime Suspect: Tennison that came out in 2017(?) on amazon prime was pretty good. Cancelled after only one season though unfortunately. I've seen far worse police procedurals get renewed on various streaming platforms so not sure why this one did not make the cut.
Old 03-08-24, 12:13 AM  
rhbrand

Binge watching the first 3 seasons of the Witcher.
For the plot.

Henry Cavil is the plot of course
Old 03-08-24, 12:19 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

This may have been mentioned before but the show Dark on netflix was very binge-worthy IMO.

The Chestnut Man might also have been mentioned previously, also still on netflix.

Karen Pirie on Britbox doesn't seem to get promoted much but my mom & I thought the first season was great and we watch a lot of these type of police procedurals. I think they were supposed to start filming the second season in 2024.

Grace & Shetland currently on Britbox continue to be good shows putting out new seasons.

We recently watched the first episode of A Nearly Normal Family on netflix but either my mom wasn't as into it as I was or somehow we got sidetracked. I really need to get back to that one.

The best "new" shows I've seen recently were on appletv--Severance (yes I know, I'm late to the party) & Slow Horses (I saw Slow Horses recommended so many times on VF, I knew it had to be good).

My uncle who's into sci-fi got me into Foundation while we had the appletv subscription (I give that show 3 out of 4 stars so not perfect but good). He wants to watch For All Mankind with me next time he visits to see if that's any good. For All Mankind had 4 seasons out though and we ran out of time to even get started.

One of my fave sci-fi series he introduced me to was The Expanse. It started on the Syfy cable channel but eventually was taken over by prime to do further seasons and I think all the seasons are on prime these days.
Old 03-08-24, 06:18 AM  
Carol K

I just finished season 3 of Astrid (French) and I'm watching season 2 of Royal Flying Doctors Service (Australian). I'm considering starting Doc Martin this weekend. I've only seen a few episodes over the years, but the last 3 seasons are on PBS Passport.
Old 03-08-24, 08:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm on my second round of Loudermilk on Netflix. I do tend to replay comedies over and over. Very funny show but only 3 seasons. Hopefully Netflix will make more seasons but it's been a few years so I'm not sure if it will happen.
Old 03-08-24, 09:07 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Slow Horses (Apple) is one of my favorites! The latest season was great, can't wait for the next one!

Others we've enjoyed:
The Bear (Hulu)--possibly one of the best shows I've ever seen! Counting the days until the next season!
Atlanta (Hulu)
Reacher (Prime)
Lupin (Netflix)
Jeff Lewis Hollywood Houselift (Freevee or Prime)
Newest season of Fixer Upper (Max) where they renovate a hotel
The Bookie (Max)
Mr. and Mrs. Smith (Prime)--SO GOOD!!
The Morning Show (Apple) (LOVE Jon Hamm!!)
One Day (Netflix) (tearjerker!)
Great British Pottery Throw Down (Max) (season 5)
Landscape and Portrait Artist of the Year (U.K. and Ireland) (Prime)--I'm not an artist and have no artistic ability, but these shows are AWESOME!! I find them very relaxing in the evenings (especially the Landscape version)

I'm also VERY into this season of The Bachelor (ABC) (Team Kelsey A!!) and my favorite Bravo shows (Summer House, Below Deck, Southern Charm). And I'm LOVING this season of Curb Your Enthusiasm (Max)! (RIP Richard Lewis )
Old 03-08-24, 11:42 AM  
laurajhawk

I’m watching Friends, of all things. I haven’t seen it since it ran originally, and suspect there were whole seasons I didn’t watch them. It holds up remarkably well- I laugh out loud a lot! It’s on MAX.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 03-08-24, 03:03 PM  
warriorprincess

We're currently watching Boba Fett and Loki on Disney.

Just finished up The Librarians and The Last Airbender, both of which I really enjoyed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 03-08-24, 04:07 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I'm on my second round of Loudermilk on Netflix. I do tend to replay comedies over and over. Very funny show but only 3 seasons. Hopefully Netflix will make more seasons but it's been a few years so I'm not sure if it will happen.
Hilarious! Naughty but so well written!

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic