Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-05-24, 11:55 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I have only ever done the blend n' squeeze method myself but have now switched mostly to oatmilk from cashew milk (prefer the original unsweetened Planet Oat brand). My friend adores her Nutr machine, however and swears it's worth the investment. Definitely too pricey for my wallet

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Old 02-05-24, 12:41 PM  
SpiritYogi

Thank you, Twigs, for your feedback. That is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. Having other VF'ers share their personal experience is so much more helpful than doing an internet search!

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
There are also some of the nut milk makers out there that streamline the process - but I wonder by how much? And are they really worth the cost? The last thing I need is another appliance that doesn't pull its weight!
I agree. I don't mind investing in an appliance, as long as it's not outrageously expensive, works great at making nut milks (and maybe a few other items ), and will pay for itself in a relatively short period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
I have only ever done the blend n' squeeze method myself but have now switched mostly to oatmilk from cashew milk (prefer the original unsweetened Planet Oat brand). My friend adores her Nutr machine, however and swears it's worth the investment. Definitely too pricey for my wallet
I've never heard of the Nutr machine. I'll have to check it out...and start picking up change I find on the ground if I may want to invest in one for myself.
Old 02-28-24, 11:16 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

An update to my earlier comment about the Nutr: the woman who originally recommended it was back at my knitting group last night and she said their Nutr broke so they got a Soybella instead and like it better because the capacity is bigger for a lower price and is sturdier than the Nutr.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Old 02-28-24, 12:10 PM  
SherBear

I have been keeping my eye on this topic to see if any mentions the Almond Cow - an appliance to make nut milk and other recipes. I almost pulled the trigger during Xmas but the price makes me hesitant.

I drink plant milk exclusively (well except for ice cream in the summer) so I have been looking for a more cost effective and healthier way than buying it at a grocery store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB7DplW8XOM
Old 02-28-24, 12:24 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
An update to my earlier comment about the Nutr: the woman who originally recommended it was back at my knitting group last night and she said their Nutr broke so they got a Soybella instead and like it better because the capacity is bigger for a lower price and is sturdier than the Nutr.
Thanks for the update! I nixed the Nutr machine when I saw that it made such a small amount at a time. I drink about a gallon of nut milk a week so I need something that will make large batches. I'll look into the Soybella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherBear View Post
I have been keeping my eye on this topic to see if any mentions the Almond Cow - an appliance to make nut milk and other recipes. I almost pulled the trigger during Xmas but the price makes me hesitant.
I've been eyeing the Almond Cow as well, but it is so expensive! It makes large batches and got great reviews though, and you can use the pulp for a multitude of other yummy dishes.
Old 03-03-24, 03:31 PM  
katmom

I owned the Almond Cow but did not like the cleanup involved and I only needed about 1/2 gallon each week.
I bought the Nutr before they offered the family size and have been pleased with the results and cleanup. I have used both raw almonds and cashews which is actually my preference.

Tags
nut milk, off topic, off-topic