Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 03-23-17, 08:51 AM  
Titus2woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
LOL! The tradition has continued- our son mentioned a concert he wants to attend and it is on his graduation night.
That's crazy!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Old 03-23-17, 08:58 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
That's crazy!

Our son is a music geek, which isn't surprising since both his parents are. He's only 17 and has already been to eighty concerts and has a huge vinyl/cd collection.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 03-23-17, 10:19 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

ha ha - something is in the cosmos:

Amazon has Depeche Mode on their splash page - they have a new album out.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-23-17, 07:24 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
ha ha - something is in the cosmos:

Amazon has Depeche Mode on their splash page - they have a new album out.
I'm kind of surprised by the staying power of Depeche Mode. Listened to them back in the 80s on through today. Still like them and Dave Gahan has an amazing voice. Some music I used to listen to back in the day sounds not so great now. Not the case with Depeche Mode.
Old 03-23-17, 07:32 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Our son is a music geek, which isn't surprising since both his parents are. He's only 17 and has already been to eighty concerts and has a huge vinyl/cd collection.
That's great your son is into music, too! My niece got a turntable a couple of years ago and starting asking for albums as gifts. I lucked out and found a bunch of great 80s albums at a garage sale for 50 cents each (The Cure, Robyn Hitchcock, XTC, The Pixies, Siouxsie and the Banshees) and was excited to expand her vinyl collection. The albums were in pristine condition stored by a music enthusiast. Unfortunately my niece was disappointed because they weren't the newer reissues on colored vinyl. Sigh.
Old 03-23-17, 07:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
That's great your son is into music, too! My niece got a turntable a couple of years ago and starting asking for albums as gifts. I lucked out and found a bunch of great 80s albums at a garage sale for 50 cents each (The Cure, Robyn Hitchcock, XTC, The Pixies, Siouxsie and the Banshees) and was excited to expand her vinyl collection. The albums were in pristine condition stored by a music enthusiast. Unfortunately my niece was disappointed because they weren't the newer reissues on colored vinyl. Sigh.
the local vintage used book store will buy back vinyl but not cassettes, VHS, beta, 8-track or reel to reel. that's understandable since tapes are fragile.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-24-17, 02:09 PM  
sherry7899

Wendy- colored vinyl is the bane of my existence My dh and son both collect it. It is so expensive....though I did not mind my dh purchasing The Zombies recent release on blue vinyl. Some of my sons favorite bands will release the same album in different colors. Sigh.....

I still have my eighties vinyl- U2 and The Alarm and Kate Bush and Hothouse Flowers.

Would you believe cassettes are making a comeback now?

We are really fortunate to have seven independent record stores within an hour radius of our house.

Old 03-27-17, 04:35 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:

Would you believe cassettes are making a comeback now?
wow - interesting!

got to watch the Ringo Starr show tonight on AXS channel. they showed it twice, so i got to see it. The actual concert took 2 hours with no warm-up band nor any breaks/intermission. however, the AXS show was only 1 hour long with a couple of commercials.

i've never watched that channel before, but now i will. they have some good shows on it.

i rarely sit and watch TV. last night, i was watching CNN's special called "The Eighties". it was really fun to watch! they showed numerous pictures of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. they had commentary from industry analysts from the current time (2016?) about Bill Gates' maverick ideas.

they had a segment about how the home video industry exploded in the 80s. i didn't realize there was a supreme court ruling regarding consumers' taping of TV shows on their own VCRs (it was found to be OK). they showed Jane Fonda's workout too! and all of the video stores packed with people renting videos!

Old 03-27-17, 07:40 AM  
sherry7899

bzar-I am glad you could see the Ringo special. My DH recorded it last night. We enjoy that channel, especially since VH1 Classic turned into MTV Classic and the channel is horrible. All they show is 1990's shows and hardly any music.

Sherry

Old 03-27-17, 03:02 PM  
Titus2woman

My husband was a DJ when we met, so our bedroom is full of vinyl, two turntables, and a microphone.

I'm SO GLAD Depeche Mode is still popular!!! SO GLAD!!!!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!

Tags
music, music geek