Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-18-23, 05:40 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Sometimes I find her responses a bit off. I commented on one of her routines that it felt a little fast to lift heavy - I wasn't talking about lifting to the max, I just meant lifting to build strength. Here was her response to me:
That’s strange, her post says the workouts are to increase strength and muscle. I feel like her 20 minute routines are too fast for me to lift heavier. I like the moves but not the pace.
Old 02-18-23, 05:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
That’s strange, her post says the workouts are to increase strength and muscle. I feel like her 20 minute routines are too fast for me to lift heavier. I like the moves but not the pace.
It was a shorter routine that I was doing. And I agree with you, that had been my impression of her channel. Sometimes it seems (based on her responses) that she is trying to to be all things to all viewers - an impossible task, so of course people are unhappy.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 02-19-23, 08:23 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Sometimes I find her responses a bit off.
Quote:
Sometimes it seems (based on her responses) that she is trying to to be all things to all viewers - an impossible task, so of course people are unhappy.
Her tone sometimes sounds a bit defensive and she seems touchy.
It's a shame. I like her older stuff more, the ones that she removed. I'll still continue following her channel and doing the workouts that I'm able to, but gosh, I think most of us could do without that sort of tone.
Old 02-19-23, 08:51 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
It was a shorter routine that I was doing. And I agree with you, that had been my impression of her channel. Sometimes it seems (based on her responses) that she is trying to to be all things to all viewers - an impossible task, so of course people are unhappy.
I agree! A similar thing is happening with Pahla B. Her latest podcast makes it seem like she never returning to making workout videos. This is fine, she can do whatever is right for her, but it completely contradicts a big part of her approach to overall physical and mental health. I don't know if they are using analystics and "grow your business/channel" guides but both of them are turning off subscribers. And, they were both growing following their own vision so to switch it up like this feels inauthentic and counterproductive. I will stay subscribed to their YT channels because I like the existing content but I am unfollowing both on all other platforms.
Old 02-19-23, 09:22 AM  
alisoncooks

What’s going on with Pahla B? I’ve not been following her lately so I’m out of the loop. (Sorry to derail the thread…)
Old 02-19-23, 09:50 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
Her tone sometimes sounds a bit defensive and she seems touchy.
It's a shame. I like her older stuff more, the ones that she removed. I'll still continue following her channel and doing the workouts that I'm able to, but gosh, I think most of us could do without that sort of tone.
Negin, I think you're right, it's the tone (which I understand is hard to decipher online).

I can hear my mom saying "you had a tone."

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-19-23, 09:53 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Negin, I think you're right, it's the tone (which I understand is hard to decipher online).

I can hear my mom saying "you had a tone."
I agree but also think she is trying to cover her booty from liability.
Old 02-19-23, 10:02 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I agree but also think she is trying to cover her booty from liability.
Ha, good point!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 02-19-23, 10:10 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
What’s going on with Pahla B? I’ve not been following her lately so I’m out of the loop. (Sorry to derail the thread…)
First she announced she wasn't making workouts this year but her latest podcast makes it sound like she isn't doing them possibly...ever. Followers have been turned off because having new workouts was motivating and she always talked about exercise being good for mental health and and how it is important to stay strong as you age to prevent falls. So, she can do what is right for her but a lot of subscribers will lose interest and find other content creators. Same for Cee.
Old 02-19-23, 11:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I recently remember Cee saying (writing?) something along the lines that she was following guidelines from youtube on how to grow her channel so that's why she was making the changes she was making.

Tags
20 minute wokouts, 20 minute workout, 20-minute workouts, fitbymik, lift with cee, over 40, senior strength training, short strength workouts, youtube, youtube instructors