Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-21-16, 09:34 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wendy-I am wondering if Roadies will get canceled after the first season. We watched the whole first season of "Vinyl" which had been renewed for a second season (before the first one was done), and then they canceled it after the first season finished-grrr!

We saw Glen Tilbrook from the band Squeeze in concert last night. He was fantastic! He has two sons-around the ages of 14 and 10? The fourteen year old played guitar on some songs. He is phenomenal, especially for his young age. The younger song sang harmony on a few songs-he was adorable and has a sweet voice. Glen always comes out to meet fans after shows.

Sherry
Hi Sherry!

I have never geard any of Glen Tilbrook's solo stuff, so I checked out some of his videos on YouTube. I really like it! His music reminds me of something you would hear on the soundtrack to a Bridget Jones movie! That's so sweet that he has his kids join him- and that they are talented, too!

Do you think Roadies will be cancelled because it isn't good, or because it doesn't have enough of an audience? I watched most of Vinyl and was on the fence on that show, so it doesn't surprise me that it was cancelled.
Old 08-21-16, 09:50 AM  
sherry7899

Wendy- I think Roadies does not have enough of an audience.

I did not care much for Vinyl until halfway through when Ray Romano had a bigger role. He was practically the only character who was not totally self involved.

Speaking of Ray Romano- a friend of our son met him a few weeks ago on a NJ boardwalk. He ended up playing mini golf with them and posed for pictures. He was incredibly nice. It cracks me up that he could afford to vacation anywhere and came to the Jersey shore.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 09-06-16, 07:42 AM  
sherry7899

Wendy-Glen's solo music is wonderful. There still isn't word if Roadies got renewed or not.

For fans of Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders-a fall tour together

http://inspirer.life/home/2016/09/st...for-fall-tour/

What a great bill-we are definitely going!

Sherry

Old 09-06-16, 08:42 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

The American Airlines magazine recently featured an interview with Neil Young. I was surprised to learn hat he travels with a reformer and is a certified Pilates instructor. Who knew? Or maybe this is old news that I am just learning, lol.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Old 09-06-16, 11:07 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
The American Airlines magazine recently featured an interview with Neil Young. I was surprised to learn hat he travels with a reformer and is a certified Pilates instructor.
Wow, I didn't know that about Neil Young. I think that's great!
Old 09-06-16, 12:02 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
The American Airlines magazine recently featured an interview with Neil Young. I was surprised to learn hat he travels with a reformer and is a certified Pilates instructor. Who knew? Or maybe this is old news that I am just learning, lol.
I did not know that! Neil is on Dan Rather's series "The Big Interview" on AXS Tv on 9/13. In a preview clip Neil said he had polio as a child and he has to work hard to keep himself healthy and in shape. It still affects him years later.

Old 09-06-16, 12:18 PM  
sugar rose

Oh, polio, that rings a bell. I remember Joni Mitchell saying in an interview that polio was an epidemic in Canada where they are both from, & that they both had polio as children.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
Old 09-06-16, 07:24 PM  
Gams

Hmm...I recently read Rita Coolidge's autobiography and she talked quite a bit about Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. I know one of the guys came off like a real jerk and one of them came off as a really neat guy....now if I could only remember which was which...LOL.
Old 09-07-16, 12:01 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Hmm...I recently read Rita Coolidge's autobiography and she talked quite a bit about Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. I know one of the guys came off like a real jerk and one of them came off as a really neat guy....now if I could only remember which was which...LOL.
Oh I may have to read that autobiography. I love CSNY and have read Crosby's (of course his had to be two volumes ), Nash's and Young's autobiographies. As I recall, there was no mention of pilates in Neil's. I enjoy rock autobiographies!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Old 09-07-16, 04:55 AM  
sherry7899

I love rock biographies....I'll have to make a list later

Sherry

Tags
music, music geek