Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 06-14-11, 07:55 AM  
sherry7899

For funny mysteries, I like Laura Levine's "Jaine Austen series-the main character is a freelance writer who solves mysteries. One of the titles is "The PMS Murders" so you can tell she has a great sense of humor

Sherry
Old 06-14-11, 07:57 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I'm looking for a funny book or series of books to read while i'm on vacation. Something along the lines of the Stephanie plum series funny (already read) Any recommendations? I want to laugh out loud and embarrass myself.
Stephanie Bond has a series out similar to the Plums. It has the two boyfriend dilemma, difficult friends/family members. I don't find them as humorous as Evanovich. It is the Body Movers series. I think there are five of them.
The David Sedaris memoir stuff (not his straight fiction, no pun intended) is laugh out loud. Nora Ephron is in the same vein, her I Feel Bad About My Neck was very LOL, even for the younger set.
If you like historical fiction Kate Noble has The Summer of You and Revealed that I loved and laughed out loud at.

Even if you don't have an e-reader, you can download the apps to your computer and then download sample chapters to seen if any of these appeal.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
Old 06-14-11, 08:04 AM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
For funny mysteries, I like Laura Levine's "Jaine Austen series-the main character is a freelance writer who solves mysteries. One of the titles is "The PMS Murders" so you can tell she has a great sense of humor

Sherry
Thanks! I'll Check this one out. Love the pms title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Stephanie Bond has a series out similar to the Plums. It has the two boyfriend dilemma, difficult friends/family members. I don't find them as humorous as Evanovich. It is the Body Movers series. I think there are five of them.
The David Sedaris memoir stuff (not his straight fiction, no pun intended) is laugh out loud. Nora Ephron is in the same vein, her I Feel Bad About My Neck was very LOL, even for the younger set.
If you like historical fiction Kate Noble has The Summer of You and Revealed
that I loved and laughed out loud at.
Even if you don't have an e-reader, you can download the apps to your computer and then download sample chapters to seen if any of these appeal.
Great idea! I have a kindle and will check some of these out. I have a couple weeks before vacation.
Old 06-14-11, 11:31 AM  
Sissy B

sunnyside - Laura Levine's first book in the series is This Pen for Hire - I got it when it originally came out because when I read the murder weapon was a ThighMaster I absolutely had to have it. And that's not a spoiler, it was in the original book description. It's a fun book.

~Sissy B
Old 06-14-11, 01:24 PM  
Cher

I agree with the Laura Levine suggestion. I've read them all and found them all pretty entertaining!
Old 06-14-11, 06:35 PM  
sunnyside

Thanks guys! I'm going to start with Laura Levine's This Pen for Hire. I have the others saved for future reads.
Old 06-17-11, 11:16 AM  
JezthePuff2

Going to start Jen Lancaster's new one today: "If You Were Here." This is her first foray into fiction.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
Old 06-17-11, 05:16 PM  
alisoncooks

I just finished The Daughter's of Lancaster trilogy.
It was a pre-vacation impulse buy at Walmart, LOL.
Pretty good vaca reading, but nothing too deep or thrilling/engaging. Nice, time-filling, wholesome reading.
Old 06-29-11, 01:55 AM  
rad

The Complete Waterpower Workout Book - Lynda Huey and Robert Forster
Old 06-29-11, 05:22 AM  
Cher

I just finished reading "Fatal Affair" by Marie Force. I really liked it. If you like romantic suspense/murder mysteries you'd probably like it too.

Tags
summer reading