Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-18-18, 05:47 AM  
Carol K

Donna, did you read Vinegar Girl from last year? It's a re-writing of Taming of the Shrew and I really enjoyed it.
Old 05-18-18, 05:49 AM  
donnamp

No, I didn't , Carol - I will have to put that one on my list.

I should re-read The Accidental Tourist. I remember enjoying the movie.

Donna
Old 05-18-18, 06:47 AM  
Carol K

That was a good one, but of course, they're all good.
Old 05-18-18, 11:03 AM  
Dabbadooey

I read the latest Stephanie Plum...very entertaining as usual.
Old 05-18-18, 01:33 PM  
BunnyHop

After not having read anything totally new to me in a good long while, I just realized that two authors I enjoy reading have new titles out.

Elly Griffiths Dark Angel is at my library (well, will very soon be available, and I'm in the hold queue)!

And Charlie Holmberg's Plastic Magician is out in paperback so I added it to an Amazon order. If you haven't read her Paper Magician series, you might give it a try.
Old 05-26-18, 01:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

name that book series:

there was a paperback book series written sometime in the late 70s thru 80s, and the author was a pseudonym, and many writers used that same pseudonym for the series. it was like a biblical fiction series - used major and minor characters from the bible but added fictional events/stories. some egyption characters might have also been added from the era.

there were maybe 20 or so books in the series, and then it stopped. all paperback, i believe, from a major publisher like bantam, signet, dell, etc. i'm pretty certain it wasn't from a minor publisher.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-26-18, 03:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Jeannine, I don't know the answer, but there is thread on good reads called "What is the Name of that Book." I have used it several times successfully:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...e-of-that-book

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 05-26-18, 04:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Jeannine, I don't know the answer, but there is thread on good reads called "What is the Name of that Book." I have used it several times successfully:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...e-of-that-book
Hi Beth - thanks.
i had to join in order to search their board. after i joined, i couldn't navigate to that group section. could you give me directions on how to navigate to that section from the Home page?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-26-18, 06:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey Jeannine--did you try going directly to the link I posted after you joined? I searched Google, which brought me to that page, and then I signed in (I already had an account) and was still there. If that doesn't work, you can try going to the "Community" tab and then "Groups."

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 05-26-18, 07:47 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Thanks difit--the new Stephen King will probably be on my summer reading list!

I finished my non-fiction book Shakespeare Saved My Life last night. I have started reading Alignment Matters by Katy Bowman, which I picked up at a used book sale on Friday, but I'll probably also start a novel as well.

Big used book sale this week!
http://booksale.org
I just started Stephen Kings The Outsider and I am really enjoying it. Sam's Club had it for 43% off . Another great book I just finished and could not put down was The Last Child by John Hart. It really pulled me in!!!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading