Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-03-07, 03:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach
shammy,
I use a folding chair with a few step risers and a topper to assist me with pull-ups right now. The widest PB band is sufficient for now.
miz, are you referring to the 1.75" or the 2.5" band?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 01-03-07, 03:12 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

bzar,
I'm referring to the 2.5" band. I need all the help I can get .
OT: I'll send you the DVD soon . I don't have a mailing envelope this morning so I was not able to drop it at our work mail pickup site.
Old 01-03-07, 03:16 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902
OK, someone please help the blonde here. If I weigh *cough* 170 lb. - which band do I need? Is it the XL? At woody's I only see that as an individual "pair" for $70??? Can someone help point me in the right direction? thanks!
You get the set of 3 for LESS than getting one set of the large. All three are in the assisted pullup package for $60. Scroll down on the page from the individual ones and you will see the set. I don't think that I PERSONALLY could go from the heavy band to NONE so I got the set from the beginning, fearing that I would end up spending more if I tried to start with just one and then had to add later. I'm not getting off the big one as quickly as I thought either!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
Old 01-03-07, 03:33 PM  
silvil
VF Supporter

You enablers are eeeeevil!

So I got the chin-up bar from Amazon -- great deal! I was able to do a grand total of 1 unassisted pullup at a time (which is 1 more than I thought I would do, considering I've never been able to do any in my youth or before I worked out consistently).

I'd like to get just one band from Perform Better, but which one? For reference, I weigh 132 lb. Should I get the 2-1/2" for $40 or could I get away with the 1-3/4" for $30? I'm leaning toward the smaller one right now, but lord knows I shouldn't be buying anything after my mini-spree yesterday on yoga vids!
Old 01-03-07, 03:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvil
Should I get the 2-1/2" for $40 or could I get away with the 1-3/4" for $30? I'm leaning toward the smaller one right now, but lord knows I shouldn't be buying anything after my mini-spree yesterday on yoga vids!
i think the Perform Better superband 2.50" corresponds with the widest band (large) in the Woody 3-band set (i.e., the beginner's band which has the heaviest resistance (assistance) for pull ups.

when i look at the pictures of the bands folded up, i think of elastic, the kind you buy in the store for sewing. of course, these particular bands would be for a gigantic underwear.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.

Last edited by bzar; 01-03-07 at 03:48 PM. Reason: corrected
Old 01-03-07, 03:49 PM  
silvil
VF Supporter

edited... oops, didn't read your whole post, bzar!
Old 01-03-07, 04:42 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvil
You enablers are eeeeevil!

So I got the chin-up bar from Amazon -- great deal! I was able to do a grand total of 1 unassisted pullup at a time (which is 1 more than I thought I would do, considering I've never been able to do any in my youth or before I worked out consistently).

I'd like to get just one band from Perform Better, but which one? For reference, I weigh 132 lb. Should I get the 2-1/2" for $40 or could I get away with the 1-3/4" for $30? I'm leaning toward the smaller one right now, but lord knows I shouldn't be buying anything after my mini-spree yesterday on yoga vids!
Wow, $40 for just the ONE band? Unless you are SURE that you won't need assistance after the biggest band, you might want to consider the package of 3, since you get help all the way to unassisted for only $19 more bucks.

Old 01-03-07, 04:48 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
Wow, $40 for just the ONE band? Unless you are SURE that you won't need assistance after the biggest band, you might want to consider the package of 3, since you get help all the way to unassisted for only $19 more bucks.
I am easily enabled .
Old 01-03-07, 04:53 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach
I am easily enabled .
LOL, not really trying to enable, but just thinking in the long run about the best deal. The PB band is better if one only needs one level of help. The IW are better if one needs MY level of help, LOL!!

Old 01-03-07, 04:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
LOL, not really trying to enable, but just thinking in the long run about the best deal. The PB band is better if one only needs one level of help. The IW are better if one needs MY level of help, LOL!!
maybe i am limiting myself, but i figure that i won't progress from the widest band. i'm figuring that i can use one knee, one leg, 2 legs, etc. to intensify, and even with that, i'll still have options. i haven't ordered yet. just reading what people say.

Tags
iron woody bands