Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 11-20-23, 08:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - Rise + Shine: Cardio Core Flow - 35 minutes

This is one of her newer workouts and I hadn't done it before. It was fairly typical fusion cardio - the last 10 minutes or so was focused ab work. Filmed outside and I had some scratchy audio, although the video portion was fine.

Dana - I hate it when that happens. They have warning lights for everything else - why can't they have one for a failing battery?

Christine - Nice job! I am a little sore, but not too bad. My dad called me a lot too.

Donna - That's one of my favorite fusion workouts, maybe my favorite workout from that set. Take care of yourself!

buffmama - I think I subscribed to Pilates Anytime a long time ago. Even then, there was a ton of content.

Carol
Old 11-21-23, 08:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Speirpilates.com - Total Body 1 - 45min. This was one of the unlocked classes on Andrea's website. Athletic pilates and quite tough for me. It covered UB, Abs and LB. I liked it because I prefer pilates or barre with athletic spin. So far, I found 6 unlocked full classes on the membership site and I'm looking forward to trying them all. I will not subscribe because it's too expensive for me, but she's got 2 programs: reformer challenge and 28 day mat challenge classes that can be rented for $20 for 30 days, or you can purchase all 24 videos for 39.99. Reformer challenge is 21 days (21 videos) and you can rent for $40 or buy for $79.99. I'm actually contemplating purchasing the mat challenge program so that I can own them and do them on my own schedule.

Leslie 20 min walk off youtube.

As expected, Toyota dealership found other maintenance issues with my car to the tune of $1600. Battery needs to be replaced and I had no idea how expensive new car batteries are nowadays! Also, the cable latch undearneath my hood needs to be replaced at the cost of $400. It's malfunctioning and that's why I had a heck of the time opening my hood. That's a necessary repair. I need rear brake job, as well as other repairs that are mostly maintenance on the aging car. They gave me a long list of what had to be done last year, but I deferred it to later date. I guess the later date is now. My RAV4 may be 15 years old, but I only have 89K miles on it and it's in perfect condition. Beats paying exhorbitant price for a new car and have car payments. I'm not happy about having to pay $1600, but I can't really argue with what has to be done. I keep a very detailed spreadsheet with all the maintenance that was done on my car since I bought it in 2008, so I can keep the dealership honest and not worry that they're selling me service I don't need. My car will be ready later today.

Waves to all! I'll check back later.
Old 11-21-23, 09:17 AM  
buffmama

Today was a stinker - time based, too many reps, no rotation, 1 bikini body mention (I am used to never hearing that). It was by Studio Pilates. Substituting my own moves does let my creative side out though.

Dana - Thanks for the info on SpierPilates, I'll be doing one tomorrow.
Carol - Pilates Anytime (and Pilatesology) also have resources for teachers. It seems like the sensible choice.
Old 11-21-23, 11:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still hanging in there. This virus thing - whatever it is - just LINGERS. You don't fell particularly bad, but not good either. It seems like just about everyone I talk to has it or knows someone who has it and they all say the same thing about it - it is a drag. I know I'm also processing the loss of my Dad. Our family was quite dysfunctional but it is odd to realize that both of my parents are gone. We don't have a big extended family so I do relate to feeling like an "orphan" My DH is somewhat the same - not a big family and both his parents are gone, too. Anyway, I'm rambling but i guess to sum up - between the virus that won't go away, the loss, and this dreary November day I'm dragging.

I did manage to do:

Jessica Smith - Barefoot Sunrise Walk from the "Peace" week. This was was good for today - gentle movement to get going.

No walk today, raining but maybe a stretch tonight. I need to prep my cranberries and my soup for Thanksgiving. It will just be us and maybe my DD's BF. So I don't have a ton to do.

Dana - we keep our cars forever. In fact, we gave my DD's BF my 2008 Forester in exchange for him refinishing the deck for us. It was pushing 200K miles and he needed a car. We ended up buying a 2020 and we have a 2013. We also have my mom's 2008. New cars are just too expensive. I do cringe whenever I go to the dealership though, it seems they always find something. I'm bringing the 2020 in for an oil change and tire rotation. Theoretically there shouldn't be anything wrong with it - but you never know. That is a great idea about keeping a spreadsheet of the repairs. We always kept the receipts/service descriptions in a binder but a spreadsheet would make it easier to sort. I think I will start one for the 2020. The price of everything is outrageous though - I do wonder how my DD's generation is going to manage. Housing is so expensive, food, vehicles, even if you make a decent salary you are still living pay check to pay check. I am somewhat relieved not to be "young" at this point. Sorry to ramble.

Carol I think I did that one from Jessica at one point recently. This is a good rotation for me right now, particularly the "peace" week.

buffmama - maybe I'll sneak a look at Piiates AnyTime but I do want to cut back my subscriptions!

Christine hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Donna
Old 11-21-23, 10:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Smith - 30 Minute Fusion Sculpt Workout - 30 minutes

I hadn't done this one in a long time, but I used 2 lb weights and it wasn't too bad. I couldn't do all the reps, but I did most of them.

Tomorrow I'll be on the road, and I may or may not get a workout in. I suspect it will feel good to move after being in the car for 5 hours.

Dana - Another one who keeps their car for a long time. My RAV4 is a 2012 model, but I've got about the same number of miles on it as you have on yours. And yes, every time I take it in, they want to do something else to it. I'll have to check out Andrea's website.

Donna - I wish I could send you some of our sunshine!

Carol
Old 11-21-23, 11:13 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So, my car was not ready today, but they say it will be by noon tomorrow. Dealer said it was because the latch replacement cable for my hood arrived so late today, they had no time to fix it. I understand that. My RAV4 is 15 years old and parts may not be as readily available for it as they are on newer models. Also, my RAV4 is V6 model which they've discontinued some years ago. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I hate the wait and I just want my car back!

I'm beginning to fell really sore from Andrea's Full Body Workout 1 which I did this morning. It was a tough workout for me, but really good. It's been a while since I was sore from any workout.

Waves to all!
Old 11-22-23, 08:31 AM  
buffmama

I did Speir's Total Band Tone 45 min Intermediate. Lower body focused, lots of reps, little down town, easy to loose your form if not focusing on it, minimal spinal movement/lateral flexion/ spinal extension. Good workout, not what I would want to do on a regular basis. That said I do want to try the other workouts.
Old 11-22-23, 01:16 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

I haven't been doing any formal exercise except walking. I'd like to get back to it on Friday. We actually got some snow late yesterday afternoon, but then the rain overnight and today washed it away.

Dana, can you post a link to Andrea's 28 day mat class for rent? I was having trouble finding it. And I'm sorry about your car troubles! Count me in as another one with my forever car, a 2011 CRV still going strong. We actually bought it used in 2013. I love that car and dread the day it's done.

Carol, safe travels!

Donna, hope you feel better soon.

Waves, Buffmama!

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 11-22-23, 02:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi Christine,

Here's the link. https://watch.speirpilates.com/produ...-day-challenge

Two of the classes in this Challenge are unlocked. You can try them without buying/renting anything.
Old 11-22-23, 02:28 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hi Christine,

Here's the link. https://watch.speirpilates.com/produ...-day-challenge

Two of the classes in this Challenge are unlocked. You can try them without buying/renting anything.
Great, thanks!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)

Tags
pilates, wall pilates