Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-05-24, 03:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Why would anyone impersonate Wendy? It wouldn’t be anymore difficult to do so with an email. In fact, it would probably be easier.

I guess we will disagree on this issue. When you say you can’t trust someone’s word without “fact-checking” that is in essence calling them a liar. Maybe I misconstrued her intent. I will try to give her the benefit of doubt.

BTW, I never said “Wendy was fine.”
I said “Wendy was alive” This could have been fact-checked by anyone looking to see when Wendy last visited the forum which as of today was January 2nd.

FOLV could have sent a private message to me asking for clarification. I don’t always read threads, but am notified when I have a message. It appeared to me that she and dabadoody were enjoying their public mockery at my expense.

Absolutely no one in this forum was entitled to know what the message was or how it was sent. They only have the right to believe or disbelieve as they choose.

Does FOLV really think people are so stupid that they can’t infer if something is true? Do they really need her fact-checking me? Most of the people her are probably over 50 years old. How did they manage to survive all these years?

Does she also think that they are too incompetent to send me a private message if they have doubts?

I see people as adults that can make their own decisions based on their perceptions of truth.
I never said someone impersonated Wendy. As KarenJo pointed out, Wendy possibly could have given her login password to another person to help her field forum issues. I never said there was an ill-intent in someone else using her account. And you are correct, an email signed by her doesn't necessarily prove it was from her either but to that end, how do we know any of us is who we say we are? Everything is digital, anyone can steal a password and use someone's account. But it's reasonable to think a person is less likely to share their personal email password than to share a forum password with someone who might be helping.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-05-24, 03:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Karla, I’m not sure why you are posting to this thread again after you said you were done with it. It appears that you are determined to ramp up the drama, and I don’t understand why. I truly believe that no malice towards you was intended in the initial comments to your “reveal” re Wendy, and I would ask whether you might have communicated with Dabbadooey or fanofladyvols via PM to express your feelings rather than publicly bashing them. It seems you are doing to them what you said they were doing to you? I’m genuinely confused.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 01-05-24, 04:36 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
This thread was an effort to find out what is happening with Wendy and VF. For a long time, a lot of people have been very worried about Wendy.

After so many of us who knew Wendy voiced our concerns, it was a natural reaction to want to know more about a post here that stated a message was received from Wendy. No one accused anyone of lying.

If Wendy were here, she would be giving a warning to stop the personal attacks or the thread will be closed.
Yes. That is not a good sign.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-05-24, 06:04 PM  
PamelaP

Hi everyone,

I’m closing this thread pending review. By whom, I honestly don’t know. I’ve hesitated to close it because I haven’t been an active member of the community for a long time, and don’t want to make a unilateral decision, but the tone has gotten out of hand and we’re getting a number of reports.

I wish I had some news or a status to share with you, but I don’t. Like others, I have not been able to reach Wendy for quite some time.

While I can’t say for certain, I have no reason to believe that anyone is impersonating Wendy or that she gave anyone else her login. The few of us who still have moderator rights are only able to do small tasks like deleting duplicate posts or closing threads. We don’t have access to the server, back end, new member approval, etc.

I’m sorry, I wish I could do more.

Pam

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, vf site issues, wendy, wwwendy