Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear > Shoes/Equipment/Gear FAQ's
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-05-02, 01:12 PM  
melanie A

Question My Step is peeling!!

I think someone asked about this before, but I need to ask again. The edges of the mat on my Step continue to come un-stuck. The top is fine, it's just the edges!

What should I use to get it to stick down permanently??

Thanks,
Melanie
Old 09-05-02, 01:35 PM  
Motivatedbusymo
VF Supporter

Happened to me too

And I went to a local hardware store and asked what kind of glue I should use to stick rubber to plastic. I think I ended up with Epoxy glue. Anyways, it wasn't the best thing as I had to press for 30 minutes on each section of the mat, so it took me a while. However, it does stick now and my feet don't get caught in it. Good enough for me!
Old 09-05-02, 02:40 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Talking luv the moo!

just had to tell you that i love your green bay cow!
so cute!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
Old 09-05-02, 03:03 PM  
brooklyngrrl
VF Supporter

Wink oh, the irony!

It's cute! Although the irony of a COW cheering for a team named after MEAT PACKERS is almost overwhelming!
Old 09-05-02, 04:33 PM  
schoolgirl-01

epoxy is the way to go for this problem. go to your local home depot or lowes. You just put it on and wait 24 hours before you use it in order to get a solid stick. I purchased my Step when they first came out (my god I think it's 20 Years ago) and i've had to seal the edges down twice since then.

For some reason I just can't part with this Step - it's been such a big part of my life for the last 20 years
Old 09-06-02, 11:24 PM  
susanz

Wouldn't just regular super glue work? I use it for everything that becomes broken or unstuck and it's a life saver.
Also a HUGE Packer fan being from Northeast Wisconsin myself - I too love your cow! Go Pack Go! Susan
Old 09-07-02, 12:10 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I would think that a spray adhesive like 3M #77 would work really well for this sort of application and you wouldn't have to hold it for 30 minutes. I have no experience with this adhesive and the step, I'm just guessing based on the applications I've seen them use this for in the production areas at work. Basically they use it to stick rubber to smooth plastic surfaces. It's easy to apply and less messy than some other adhesives.