Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 09-25-06, 02:55 PM  
KayM

Barbell that doesn't take up much space and is child friendly?

Hi there. I haven't posted here in a long time!

I'm moving and I might be moving into a smallish 2 bedroom home with my son.

I have some dumbells and a barbell and a step that are going to be kind of in the way.

I'm especially concerned about the barbell, since it just kind of rolls around and I'm afraid it could be a bit dangerous around my son.

Any suggestions for a barbel that is fairly compact? Or any suggestions for a way to store it, or something to store it in, that could help?

TIA.
Old 09-25-06, 08:15 PM  
ellens2

I have the troy lite barbel. It's shorter than a standard barbell in that it's only 5' in length. The weights are all rubber coated. Depending on your closet size, It would be easy to leave on the floor inside.
Old 09-25-06, 08:20 PM  
Idealmuse

If your worried about rolling target has weight plates that have flat rubber edges I got a set on clearance for 35 dollars for 50lbs. I think they are made by champion? I was just at another target they had them too they werent on sale but it was like 49 dollars.

Then you can get a troy bar for it. Or... I got a Danskin Barbell which is nice and small and can be screwed apart into 2 pieces for storage. Its also padded and nice and small. It also came with rubberized weights too but they are smaller so the target flat edged rubber ones sit on the floor. I just use a combo of the 2 weights. The danksin adds some fun color to the barbell too.