Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 08-05-05, 12:33 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

They come in lots of colors, too. I got to try the Beach model on today. They were comfortable but seem to be made for a wide foot. I want to try the Cayman model, which is narrower. I think I would like them for wearing in the house.

Still hoping someone will post their experience about these.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Old 08-05-05, 07:21 AM  
Anne Foky

Danskos do the trick!

I worked for an owner of a running shop for a few years and my husband had been suffering from PF. The birkenstocks are great around the house, but it was the dansko clogs that almost immediately rid him of the suffering. The son of the owner, who was also involved in the business, recommended them and explained that the clogs 'sort of' pitch you forward off the heel while supporting the arch. They are not very dressy but can be worn quite well with pants/slacks.

Hope this helps.

Anne
Old 08-05-05, 01:20 PM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

PF Sufferers of the World - There is Hope!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd report back. I went a little shoe crazy, but I'm finally feeling optimistic that I can wear non-sneakers without doing harm to my feet!

I got a lovely pair of Dansko sandals (the Margrete). I wore them a lot yesterday and they worked great! The arch support is wonderful.

I also got a pair of Keen Saratogas, which I haven't worn around very much yet.

And finally, I got a pair of Chaco sandals which I wore out for a lot of errands this morning, and which also have great arch support.

Anyway, thanks for all the ideas, everyone. I'm sure I'll be referencing this thread again in a few months when I need fall/winter shoes. (Hopefully that will be enough time to save up to replenish my shoe fund!)

Kathy
Old 08-05-05, 02:15 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyW
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd report back. I went a little shoe crazy, but I'm finally feeling optimistic that I can wear non-sneakers without doing harm to my feet!

I got a lovely pair of Dansko sandals (the Margrete). I wore them a lot yesterday and they worked great! The arch support is wonderful.

Kathy
I love this footbed!
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)