Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear > Shoes/Equipment/Gear FAQ's
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-19-02, 01:31 PM  
skimmy

Thank you so much everyone! The only thing that was REALLY keeping me from the Step Co. Step was the price. I mean about $100 for a step! eek! But with those two websites up there, I finally found them at a more reasonable price! Thank you! So I'm definitely going with the Step Co. Thanks again everyone!
Old 08-09-02, 04:43 PM  
tas

The Reebok gray/black one is about 6" shorter than the Step Co. step.

Also, the Reebok starts at 6" high and goes up to 10" instead of Step's 4" and up.

I've found that the latter 2" difference made more of a difference (on the pain in my knee :-< ) than the 6" length difference.
Old 05-16-04, 07:38 PM  
DonnysGirl

The Step Co step vs Step Reebok bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda0506
I recently bought full size Step from Reebok, the black one with the snapin risers in grey. I'm very happy with it. I can adjust it and use it as an incline bench. I this one over the blue one from Reebok because the blue one just didn't look durable to me. I chose this one over the one from The Step Co. because I like how the risers just snap in.

Buying my step has been one of the best purchases in a long time.

Brenda
I agree with Brenda on the original Step Reebok bench. It can be adjusted from 6" to 10" with a quick adjustment. I've never used the Step Co bench, but I do have their High Step which I purchased to do Cathe Friedrich's more recent strength videos, and I will say that it's very good quality so I'm sure their regular bench is great too. The Step Reebok bench that I have is the one Brenda described - black & gray and I believe it's the same size as the Step Co bench. I've had it for 12 years and it's still going strong!
Old 05-16-04, 08:02 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Hi!

I have the Reebok full size step also & I love it! I believe it's about the same size as the Step Co. step as far as width, but I do like the fact that the risers snap in, making it easy to adjust & keep together. I would definitely not recommend the blue Reebok step though, since others have mentioned the width is not enough for a lot of the step tapes out there.
Old 05-20-04, 09:10 PM  
mmis29

I have the home version (shorter) of the original step and it's just too small. I'm looking to upgrade. So, the new reebok step is only 28" and the original step is 43"? Just to make sure I get it!
Old 12-14-04, 10:49 PM  
smerris

Do any of you know where I can find risers for a Buns of Steel step? I NEED MORE. Mainly because I don't want to buy a Firm Tall Box!

Thanks!
Old 06-03-05, 06:50 AM  
Mary Kay in OH

Original Health Club Step

I'm looking to buy a step, too, and saw that the Dunham's in my town had the Original Health Club Step (full-size) for $69.99. Plus if you are a AAA member you get an extra 15 percent off there. That would seem like a really good deal!