Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 12-05-01, 10:53 PM  
Sarah K
VF Supporter

improved Champion bra

I've tried on lots of sports bras and haven't found one that really provides quite enough support for running. The best I have tried are the Champions (I hate over-the-head types). The Action Shape is good but their new Double Dry bra is even better. They have one for fuller figures-- it is similar to the cotton Action Shape but is a little wider in the straps, with triple hooks in the back. It is made of a sleeker synthetic which has a nicer, wicking feel to it. It is cut a little higher and has better coverage. The straps can also be shortened more than the straps in the Action Shape.

The sizing works just like bra sizes-- I think it is safe to order your regular bra size. Sometimes, it is good to try on different sizes-- I have found that a sports bra needs to be snug to give enough support.

The bra is sold at Roadrunner Sports (JBL-037), as well as Title 9 and LLBean. It sells for $38 (haven't seen it in stores with their other Double Dry bras).
Old 12-06-01, 01:04 AM  
WendyB
VF Supporter

I also love shopping Title 9 sports. Roadrunner Sports also has a sportsbra section (click on the link above the home page at VF) which is good.

My new personal favorite that provides excellent coverage and absolutely NO bounce is at Title 9: The Last Resort Bra. I've tried various Champion ones, but don't like the coverage or bounce control. The Last Resort isn't pretty, and there's a huge number of hooks in the front to do up, but I guarantee you will not bounce. This is the one I pick when I'm doing hi impact. On a weight training only day, I'll use a long top (Roadrunner Sports, made for C/D cups) because I don't need to worry about the bouncing. Title 9 sports also carries the Athena bra, which is wonderful too. It wicks nicely and provides far better coverage than other bras, so you can wear it as a workout top alone.

"The ideal day never comes. Today is ideal for him who makes it so."
-– Horatio W. Dresser

Attitude is Everything!