Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 07-09-04, 11:47 AM  
punky3333
VF Supporter

Congrats Laura. I know what you mean about people around you not understanding the accomplishment, or not getting excited about it, but we all here know what a big jump that is and how accomplished you must feel!

Way to go!
Old 07-09-04, 05:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for all the replies. I find VF an incredibly motivating place, both because of all the info AND all the encouragement.

Helen - I know what you mean. Last night, DH and I got back to a water aerobics class we hadn't been to for four months. Once we stopped going, it was soooo easy to find reasons not to go. In other words, it was more mental than physical.

Laura

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 07-09-04, 07:34 PM  
jenevieve

Aww, I love VF for this kind of stuff! Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments! The thing I'm excited about that my DH2b is tired of hearing about isn't so much a fitness goal reached, but I'm proud anyway:

I've never done the Firm before, but last February when plans for the BSS3 were announced, I got excited about the new box design and finally jumped on the bandwagon. Well, we all know the disaster that turned into, and though I'm still waiting for my original BSS3 order to process, I got so furious at GoodTimes for that crappy customer service and out and out lies they've been telling people about the delays. Since then, I've acquired seven Firm workouts on DVD and a fanny lifter some woman's husband constructed out of wood to the exact proportions of the GT plastic 2-part one, and I've done it all through Ebay and VF trades--So not a dime of my money has gone to GT! I get a bit of satisfaction from that . . .

Thanks to VF for all the great trades and for being such a wonderful, supportive community!
Old 07-09-04, 11:08 PM  
MelissaA

Congratulations to all of you!

My big accomplishment this week was finishing Slim Series Tone It Up’s cooldown, even though there was a spider right at my feet. I’m completely arachnophobic, so this was a big deal for me to not jump up and run shrieking for help, but I didn’t want to interrupt the cooldown. Turns out, it was already dead…but I didn’t know that! :rolleyes: I don’t care, I’m chalking it up as a victory. Of course, if it had moved…
Old 07-10-04, 06:36 AM  
Sunshine

Thumbs up

Congratulations to all of you who had big gains in strength or cardio!!!

Yesterday, as I was exercising to a Firm tape (Prime Power Cardio) I realised I was doing all the moves much more completely than they were, doing high impact when they did low,
and using 15 lb dbs during the 4-limbed until my arms got tired and I had to lower the weight...

It's so exciting and motivating to see yourself exercising with more gusto and enjoying it !!

And it is wonderful being able to come here and share with you.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Old 07-10-04, 07:50 AM  
gelfling
VF Supporter

Wow congratulations to all of you My accomplishment this week was to find a way to break out of my slump. I now have workouts I can do no matter what my health is like (thanks VF!) and I've figured out a way to move my room around so I don't have to move so much furniture to work out. Strength wise I found out (whilst tidying up said room) I can now lift my purple weights (8.8lbs) without suffering

Melissa, as a fellow arachnophobe who broke her foot in an effort to get away from a spider... I think you should get an award for bravery!
ATB,
- Lisa
Old 07-10-04, 08:40 AM  
Kyra

Well, I actually took a recovery week, consisting of just cardio (swimming, spinning) and yoga. OK, and some ab work. :rolleyes: (I am SOOOO compulsive.) Today is the last day, and I'm planning to do American Power Yoga. I'm absolutely dying to pick up some iron! But I suppose that was the point... lol Anyway, I haven't taken this long off from weights since I started back exercising after being ill, close to two years now. Kinda sounds like an anti-accomplishment, but I'm hoping it's a pause that refreshes.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete

Tags
accomplishments, fitness achievements