Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 04-15-04, 09:31 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Mine range from the 4 lb. mini bar up to 35 lbs. My 15 lb. Bodybar gets the most use because I like the thickness of the bar. I have 2.5 & 5 lb. ankle weights that I put on my Bodybar when I need to go heavier.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Old 04-15-04, 10:05 AM  
suebella
VF Supporter

I have an 18 lb. bar.

I love it. I use it all the time. I have relatively weak biceps and it's about all I can managed during Muscle Endurance or Push Pull!

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
Old 04-15-04, 10:09 AM  
peggy h
VF Supporter

I have the Denise Druce one (is that 8 lbs?), a 12-lb "real" bodybar, and an 18-lb Challenge Pro bar.

I love them! I have to be in the mood to will myself to bring out one of my (uh...three!) barbells and the weights, etc....but it's much easier to convince myself to workout with the bodybars.

I've been thinking about getting a 15-lb bar but haven't really ever felt an urgent need for it (not that there was ever an urgent need for having three barbells either...!)
Old 04-15-04, 10:35 AM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

I have an 18 pound body bar. It's really too heavy for me to use throughout a long body bar workout, such as Rob's. I was thinking of ordering the 12 or 15, but succumbed to pressure from my son not to be a weenie. Alas.... weenie-dom is the state of things around here, and I shouldn't have let him pressure me. But I'll work up to it. No, really... I will!

Andrea
Old 04-15-04, 10:44 AM  
new2me

8 (Firm sculpting stick), and 12

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 04-15-04, 12:34 PM  
ncmom

Maybe I will have to get the 12, 15 and 18 (since they are on sale for April). I don't think I am strong enough to use the 18 through a whole tape but my arms are pretty strong. I think the 18 would be good for cathys workout.
Old 04-24-04, 10:10 AM  
girlwcurl

15 but want one more

I have 15 lb bar which I really like to use for Cathe's Pyramids and Muscle Endurance for bicep curls etc. as well as for PS Legs floor work. I also use it, of course, for Keli Roberts' New Body Bar Challenge, which is wonderful. However, it's too heavy for Mindy's Energy Action Circuit and about kills me when I do that one with it. I have been meaning to get a 9# but haven't done so yet. All in all, though, I'm really happy at how many opportunities I find to use it. To only have 1 bar, I think I made the best choice. Actually, I just remembered that I got an 8# stick thingy on sale at target that has 4 donuts to increase or decrease the weight. I sub it for the Firm's sculpting stick.
Old 04-26-04, 11:08 PM  
Alison C
VF Supporter

I have two bodybars!

I have an 18 pounder and a 24 pounder. I use them all the time because I like how they feel and they are just the right weights for lots of exercises!!

"Don't compromise yourself, you are all you've got." - Janis Joplin